Annoying 'App Optimization' notification keeps popping up

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it not Smart Manager? You might try playing with the settings by going into the app, tapping the battery, then tapping the "DETAIL" button under App optimization.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's here, but how do you turn them off? I turned off the app optimize but the notifications keep on coming
Well, you can turn it off at the top, or click each app and a pop up should appear, I have them as Always optimizing or turned off, I don't have any middle selection. I suspect that you have the middle selected which is optimized after 3 days, something like that. I would change each of your apps to either of the two I mentioned, . I only receive messages on newly installed apps, that I have yet to set which option I want.

Hope this helps.

usmdesigner

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, you can turn it off at the top, or click each app and a pop up should appear, I have them as Always optimizing or turned off, I don't have any middle selection. I suspect that you have the middle selected which is optimized after 3 days, something like that. I would change each of your apps to either of the two I mentioned, . I only receive messages on newly installed apps, that I have yet to set which option I want.

Hope this helps.

Well I have it turned off as previously stated. So when I go to it, there is nothing showing below to optimize. I still get the pop up almost daily. This is pretty frustrating. There isn't settings that I can find to make the notification go away. That's all I'm after.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Well I have it turned off as previously stated. So when I go to it, there is nothing showing below to optimize. I still get the pop up almost daily. This is pretty frustrating. There isn't settings that I can find to make the notification go away. That's all I'm after.

You sure went in to the Samsung+ app/Battery/Detail settings? That's where you can turn it off. I don't see the notification anymore. On the downside, I'd say the feature works well and my battery doesn't last as long as it does when the feature is turned on (edited).

Last edited:

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I turn off the optimization feature since the notifications were annoying. The tablet rarely ever leaves my apartment so never far from a charge; I don't care if the battery life is extended.

s1e1h1

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue. I have turned this feature "Off" (Under Battery → Details), but I still get notifications that some App should/could be optimized. When I click on the notification, it takes me to Smart Manager, which confirms that the setting is Off. Considering rooting my phone, just to get rid of this.

usmdesigner

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue. I have turned this feature "Off" (Under Battery → Details), but I still get notifications that some App should/could be optimized. When I click on the notification, it takes me to Smart Manager, which confirms that the setting is Off. Considering rooting my phone, just to get rid of this.

Exactly the case for me as well.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
That is strange. I don't see those notifications at all anymore. However, I do get notifications from the Samsung device health app, which is telling me that my Wi-Fi is unsecured, using wep or WPA. And that isn't the case, as I'm using wpa2 psk.

proximitybifocal

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
no one has figured out how to stop these notifications?
my phone is really pushing app optimization on me and guess what i already have optimized the ******* apps!

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Have you updated the Samsung+ app? I only see the notifications when App Optimization is on. Plus, those health app notifications have stopped as well.

Flyboy1966

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It is not sufficient to toggle the app off at the top, you must toggle the app on then go to each app. If any apps show anything but "Turned off for" select the app then select turned off, pain in the *** but works. then toggle the main app at the top off and that should do it.....

andrew_sc_syd

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the first notification on my 4-dsy old Tab S2 9.7 running 5.0.2. The notification leads ne to a window titled Smart Manager. But there is no such app on my machine. Also, there is no Details field on my Battery setup.

For the moment, I'm not yet annoyed by the notifications. But I wouldn't know how to get back to the Smart Manager screen in absence of a notification. Such loss of control is annoying.

Last edited:

JaymsWisdom

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I've been having issues with notifications from this app as well. I see that the app in question is Smart Manager and I have looked at different options for turning off the notifications both inside and outside of the app itself. Unfortunately there don't seem to be any.

I have looked at the settings in Smart Manager and I can simply turn off optimisation for any apps I want or for the entire Smart Manager itself however I'd rather not do this as I like my apps being optimised. What I don't want is it to keep playing a message tone every time it does it. Unfortunately there is no setting for this app to allow it to run without notifying you whenever it does something new.

So instead I looked in the phone setting via App Notifications to find the Smart Manager Provider app. Unfortunately there is no option to Block Notifications from this particular app so you are stuck with it.

Unfortunately this seems to mean that you can either have your apps optimised and be reminded of it all the time or you can have it not running at all. There appears to absolutely no middle ground.

Also note that you will have to open the Smart Manager and turn off optimisation every time you install a new app in order to avoid notifications.That said, the longer you put up with the notifications the less it seems to happen. I used to get notifications pretty much daily but now i get one every few weeks or after having a new app installed for a few days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463