My first Samsung device.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Im a new Samgung Galaxy Tab S2 owner. I was recently given one as a late birthday gift. Im still learning the ropes of the device. Long time iOS user, and im trying to be open minded anout OS's however ive noticed that there are a few things about this tablet that are irking me. The first is when I launch the Google play store the apps won't load it'll just remain a white space with the app names appearing. It'll take about 35 to 40 seconds for anything to load. I'm connected to the same WiFi network on my iPad and iPhone so it isn't a connection issue. My partner has a Samsung Edge 6 Plus and his play store also takes forever to load.

Why is this? Is it a known bug/glitch?

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Ive only had the tablet for three days.

Today decided to let the battery completely drain and then to give it a full charge. However when the battery level reached 1% and began to shut the device down the screen glitched out almost as if a hard drive on on a computer were failing. Various pixel lines on the top half of the device were flashing different colors and then the device just shut off. Is this a normal occurrence when the battery completely deplets? Once the device was fully charged I went to unlock the device with my fingerprint however it wasn't even giving giving me giving me an option to use my fingerprint. It would let me unlock it simply by sliding upwards. It's almost as if the device had "forgotten" my fingerprint. I had to delete it and reset the print.

Also the keyboard....sometimes the predictive text doesn't come on, I have to hit through button next to the space bar then return to typing and the predictive text box appears. I'm pretty sure these things aren't normal. I'm also noticing that sometimes the keyboard won't keep up with my typing and lags a bit then when it finally "catches up" to my speed I notice that some words get typed two or three times....again gain I don't think these again I don't think these are normal. Any advice?

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Love the tablet, love the screen, hate the UI. This tablet has replaced my iPad mini as my daily driver for reading, and other stuff. I have the 8" version, and it is amazing. Still hate the Samsung UI, wish it was closer to stock Android like HTC Sense ( on my phone), but this is a great tablet, no regrets in purchasing it.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I to am not really not liking the UI all that much. I wish Samsung would redo the ascetics of TouchWiz...I guess we'll be holding out for fora long time to get Android Marshmellow...?

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Why not just use another launcher? Google Now will basically give you a stock look, or Nova, which will give you a lot more.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
If you don't line touchwiz then try nova launcher like the last person said. You can make it look however you want. I kinda like TouchWiz. I'm never happy with nova because I'm always tinkering with it. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL