How to reset password or Finger scan?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
All of a sudden while my wife was continuing to set up her Galaxy Tab S2, the Finger recognition will not work and everything she tries to enter for her password says it is wrong. This was done before she had a chance to write down the password.

Is there any way to reset the password and then she, I guess, could enable the finger scan again. She is out of things to try. I assume that a full reset would get rid of all her settings and even her Phone Book, etc!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So when she first selected the fingerprint unlock method and was prompted to select a backup password, did she write it down at that time? That's the password she needs to enter, not any other password (like her Google account password, or previous non-fingerprint passwords or PINs she might have used).

If you fail the unlock enough times, does it prompt you for the Google account credentials?

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Her phone directory will not be lost if she previously established a Google account. From your description, it sounds as if this is what has been done. It will be replaced from the cloud storage. A full reset is likely the only solution.

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So when she first selected the fingerprint unlock method and was prompted to select a backup password, did she write it down at that time? That's the password she needs to enter, not any other password (like her Google account password, or previous non-fingerprint passwords or PINs she might have used).

If you fail the unlock enough times, does it prompt you for the Google account credentials?

No, it just comes up with the keyboard and will not accept any form of her password!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify--is the device asking for a screen unlock password? Or is this a different password entry screen?

PDX97229

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Can you clarify--is the device asking for a screen unlock password? Or is this a different password entry screen?
It was asking for an unlock when she turned it on. Instead of the Finger Print screen it went directly to the Keyboard asking her to enter a password.

Well, we got this resolved. My wife brought it in to a Samsung Rep at Bestbuy where we got this 64GB Model. She actually was there to also look at a phone. For some reason yesterday, there was almost no one in the store so the Reps had nothing to do but help her.

When they saw what was happening, they gave her a new one! The Rep said that hers was in DEMO mode...a mode that required software that should not have even been on her S2.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! Although I'm not sure what they were doing selling her a demo model. Demo mode usually is only available on floor models that have a special demo ROM installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sealed, like with an official sticker with a hologram? Or just shrink-wrapped? The latter can be done by anyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar