Samsung S2 Tablet - how to disable automatic underlining, help please

Rider9

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
When using the virtual keypad all of a sudden everything is underlined and I cannot find a way to switch this off. I don't want to disable predictive text altogether, I saw this was a possible solution but I have no idea why it suddenly started happening and cannot find a way to disable the underscore! This is on an S2 tablet, when using the virtual keyboard.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Reset Settings in the keyboard console?
It can be found in the gear icon next to the space bar. Touch and hold on the gear, then tap the gear in the new window. In the new window, it's at the bottom inside of Other Settings.

Rider9

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
thanks, I did that... it is now underlining each word until I hit the space bar and then it stops... only to underline the next word till the next space bar hit and so on.... so although annoying, not quite as bad as remaining underlined.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
This is normal behaviour for predictive text mode, if you look at the keyboard above it is the section for predictions and the underlining means that there are alternative words that you can quickly select. It is not a fault it is standard interface I believe.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpEkTrUm87

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
You need to turn off predictive text to remove the underlining. The underlining is signifying that the tablet is processing what your typing for predictive text.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781