Hi everyone, I have two Tab S 8.4, one AT&T and one WIFI only. I am looking at getting a larger tablet, since I travel the AT&T option is best in case I do not have WIFI available (this is how I ended up with two in the first place). I usually use my tablets in landscape to watch movies etc... I noticed that the Tab S2 is designed with both speakers on the bottom (in portrait) or on one side (in landscape). My worry is this has an effect on the sound while watching a movie, instead of sound from both sides of the tablet it will only be from one side.

Has anyone had any issues with this?

TIA

- Bob
    01-14-2016 11:51 AM
    Does AT&T not offer internet/wireless/USB tethering at all? I use my phone in the field as a router with my WiFi Tab S2.

I am a 100% landscape viewer.

I haven't had issues with audio, however I use a Bluetooth speaker for audio. Very nice audio, high, mid and low. Battery charge lasts a very long time.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010OYASRG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
    01-14-2016 01:14 PM
    Yes they offer tethering except for when international. I have a Bluetooth speaker but usually I am sitting outside having a cigar and don't want a speaker, tablet, and phone with me... having a tablet and phone is bad enough.
    01-14-2016 01:44 PM
    Summarily, no, the speakers are not sensational. In a closed, quiet environment, they get by.

I use an external connection to my computer speakers at my desk, and bluetooth in any other noisy environment. I use the speaker I linked to above while in the shower to listen to Morning Edition from NPR. It's extremely efficient and rather loud. I'm a musician, so I care not to deal with low quality audio.

Sitting alone in a quite environment they would be fine, however, stereo is not well defined. There is a setting in the Settings console that widens and amplifies a bit, but it gets by. That's about as good as I can give.
    01-14-2016 02:33 PM
    Thank you for your input, much appreciated.
    kellyjdrummer likes this.
    01-15-2016 07:35 AM
    I agree on the sound. You'll need to connect it to a stereo or headphones.
    01-19-2016 08:20 PM
    It's kinda like newer thin tv's. The sound is basically useless but that's pretty obvious with the drivers being so small.
    Ipad and iPhone aren't any better.
    01-19-2016 08:27 PM
    If you are going to use the tab s2 for movie watching there are two huge problems. 1, the speakers are horrible. If you are using headphones then it isn't a problem. But even for youtube, and surfing the Web, they suck. 2, the screen is the wrong aspect ratio and you end up with a lot of unused screen. You might as well just keep the smaller tablet.

I switched from a note 10.1 2014 edition, and I can tell you from first hand experience that movie watching is much more enjoyable on samsungs tablets with a 10.1 aspect ratio, and speakers on each side. The speakers on my 10.1 were actually very good. The original 10.1 had even better speakers, but a horrible screen.
    RJMullins likes this.
    01-20-2016 10:57 PM