Opening Files on the tablet via links in a pdf?

mowdown

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Opening Files on the tablet via links in a pdf....

Hello everyone! Proud owner of a new S2 9.7 thanks to my lovely boss. Currently making a pdf of all the info I use on a daily basis, but some of the things i use are excel spreadsheets and video clips.

Is there a simple way to add a filepath to the pdf I make that will open the relevant file on my tablet?

Ie, if this were on my pc and I wanted to open a movie from my c drive, i might set the hyperlink to "C:\Movie.Mp4" and it would open that in the relevant browser. Can i generate a similar filepath for the link to follow to the movie on the tablet?

Hope this makes sense! Just trying to make a way to simple and friendly way access content for those in my team who are ....shall we say.... less technically comfortable!:p

Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Opening Files on the tablet via links in a pdf....

You can use an app like solid Explorer to create a shortcut on the home screen to any file.

mowdown

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

No it was a bit more complex than that.

I am making a pdf document which is bookmarked and has a load of good info. I wanted to make a nice User interface on the first page which allows the user to link to any page in the document. So far, so easy.

However some files cannot be pdf'd - ie movies. So i wondered if there were a standard filepath logic in this tablet that i could set the link in my pdf file to follow so when downloaded onto my tablet, the link knows where to point to ie mytablet/videofiles/demovideo.mp4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

If it is just one specific tablet then you can use solid Explorer or similar, browse to the location, and it would tell you the path of that location.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I had a look at Kingsoft Office and pdf, that allows use of hyperlinks in documents, but it only allows links to email or web locations. Microsoft apps don't seem to allow either, but I will have another look around to see what else might be possible.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois