my new Tab S2 9.7 battery life is MUCH worse than my other tablet, the Tab S 10.5

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I currently own both the Tab S2 9.7 and the Tab S 10.5.

I just bought the S2 9.7 because I enjoy reading stuff on it more than the S 10.5. (4:3 vs 16:10)

However, after just a few short days, I have come to the conclusion that the S2 9.7 battery life is horrible.

I never considered this when I bought the S2 9.7, but I just realized that the battery is much smaller than the S 10.5. :(

Ok... this concludes my rant.... :)

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
A couple of things to try - check your settings for Wifi and ensure that you have it set not to use wifi when off - sounds odd, but this has a massive impact. Next make sure you have app optimisation set to on in Samsung power setting battery, optimisation. Life should be much better I hope. Let us know how you get on. I noticed a significant improvement in performance after doing these things, Oh and I also forgot, check that location is just using Wifi not GPS etc. Good Luck and hope this helps.

adambike

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is not the S2's strong point. It's a fact that the S2's battery is smaller than the ipad. I'm lucky I'm a casual tablet user - just around the house for surfing, while watching tv, taking a s h i t, spending time with wifey......but I do noticed the battery goes down quite quickly. I wouldn't want to be using it seriously for long term away from powerpoints.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the same apps on both tablets? Maybe an app on the S2 is eating your battery. I had this problem with the Wikipedia app a while back. I deleted it and battery life went way up.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea about the S2 9.7, but my S2 8.0 gets pretty good battery life. I get 8-9 hrs screen time and Internet between charges. I usually charge after two full days of use.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Tab s2 have lower battery capacity than the tab s. I dont think that tab s2 is an upgrade from tab s. Only a slight sidegrade.

Posted with ❤Love❤

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea about the S2 9.7, but my S2 8.0 gets pretty good battery life. I get 8-9 hrs screen time and Internet between charges. I usually charge after two full days of use.

I have to agree with this, my s2 8.0 gets amazing battery life, 8+ hours SoT

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the 8.0 and I noticed terrible battery life as well. Just browsing the internet before bed seems to drain it a lot. I have to stop myself from looking at the battery percentage changing in the top corner, it bothers me so bad.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I currently own both the Tab S2 9.7 and the Tab S 10.5.

I just bought the S2 9.7 because I enjoy reading stuff on it more than the S 10.5. (4:3 vs 16:10)

However, after just a few short days, I have come to the conclusion that the S2 9.7 battery life is horrible.

I never considered this when I bought the S2 9.7, but I just realized that the battery is much smaller than the S 10.5. :(

Ok... this concludes my rant.... :)

Question,

When did you buy the 9.7 and when did you buy the 10.5?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith