Considering purchasing this tablet..need some help!

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had my eye on the Galaxy Tab S2 for a while now and I'm just about ready to buy it.. but I can't help but feel like I shouldn't in some way, so I need some talking into!! I already own the Note 5 and a laptop. So part of me feels greedy for wanting such an expensive tablet. I used to own an iPad a while back and I loved the convenience of it. That's the main reason I really want this tablet.

What do you guys think? Why should/shouldn't I purchase the Tab S2?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I own the Note 5 and Laptop and I still go to the tablet when at home or on the go. It's a bigger screen but not as bulky as a laptop (yes, even the razor thin ones are bulkier).

Plus, the Tab S line is really nice! I personally own the first S because I liked the bigger screen and widescreen aspect ratio (the S2 is slightly smaller and loses widescreen, more akin to iPad). You can even look at those, too! Specwise not much changed, so the first S is still a great buy, and even better now that is cheaper.

Any specific things you'd be looking at doing with the tablet? I use it mainly for media consumption (books, movies, music, browsing), and if you pair it with a waterproof pouch, a perfect beach companion.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got mine mid December, really like it, fast easy to use and the 9.7 is easy on older eyes. It has replaced an original Nexus 7 which is now incredibly slow. I surf the web, play some simple games, a little e-mail. Haven't watched too many movies on it yet. Got a case with key board that makes data entry pretty easy. If you can catch the right sale this is pretty good. i got the Netflix deal. I also use a Galaxy S 5 as my phone, very convenient to be on the same platform. Overall very satatsfied and I have had zero problems

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I say pull the trigger. I just got the 8 inch version and love it. Also, Amazon and Best Buy have a sale, so it's a good time to buy. I've owned lots of tablets and this one is my favorite. It's fast and the screen is beautiful.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the responses!! I think I'm going to go for it. And the on sale price is actually awesome, it makes it cheaper than the Tab S, which seems odd.

Any specific things you'd be looking at doing with the tablet? I use it mainly for media consumption (books, movies, music, browsing), and if you pair it with a waterproof pouch, a perfect beach companion.

I planned on using the tablet for watching shows on the go, reading, online shopping, social media, etc. I think the SideSync feature is pretty cool too, that'll be awesome to have with my Note 5.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
The one disappointing thing about this tablet for me is that we are still stuck on the old Android 5 (Lollipop) with no hint of an update to 6 (marshmallow). Meanwhile, even my cheapo motorola phone (2 years old!) has been updated to the current version of Android.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather wait and have a polished version of Marshmallow than a hurried up one. And other than Doze (which Samsung has already implemented in their own way on Lollipop with the Battery Manager), I don't see any 'WOW! This is so awesome!' features that would make the experience any better.

azie

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, the tab S2 is a nice and decent tablet. It's smooth, with a beautiful display, very light, and offers a pleasent experience. The battery is also decent.
Well, there are some minuses like: aspect ratio, no flash for camera and no fast charging.
But, you will never find a complete tablet. Somehow it's ok. At this price, i think is the best you can have.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Tab S (first gen) was pretty darn close and has most of that! If they come out this year with one in that aspect ratio, that size, with AMOLED display, with S-Pen and Fast Charging (even better if it's wireless), I wouldn't even look at the price tag. OK, I would, but I'd still want it.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Seriously Best Buy?! At that price, yeah, I would definitely go for it. I got the 8.0 to replace my aging Nexus 7. Thought that $350 at the time was a great sale. Should have waited. Haha. Nonetheless, I'm happy with it overall. Good complement to my Blackberry Classic. Blackberry for communications, Tab S2 for the other stuff :)

Posted via the Android Central App

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Side sync is amazing with the note 5...I used it for the first time last night. Mind blown lol

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I went for it! I got it! And I am in love. The display is beautiful, the size is absolutely perfect for me (8-inch screen), and the gold color is very pretty. I got a white case with a Bluetooth keyboard for it. I definitely do not regret buying this!! Especially with the $100 off! I got it at best buy.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So for those of you that have either size how is the OneNote app that is pre-installed? Went in to get the Tab A with s-pen and fell in love with the Tab S2. No fancy drawing but want it for taking notes with a soft tip stylus, I know it's not as good as having an S-pen but that screen just blows away the tab A.

mindhead1

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Tab S2 is a great device. Coming from a Nexus 9,there is no comparison. Tab S2 is the best Android tablet on the market. Strong performance and beautiful screen. If you are having doubts about buying one, don't. You'll love it.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I went for it! I got it! And I am in love. The display is beautiful, the size is absolutely perfect for me (8-inch screen), and the gold color is very pretty. I got a white case with a Bluetooth keyboard for it. I definitely do not regret buying this!! Especially with the $100 off! I got it at best buy.

Glad you're enjoying it. You caught the timing on the price as I noticed that the 8.0 is back to regular price.

I got the gold color book cover to go with my plain black tablet. Adds some flair to it I guess. Haha.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
So for those of you that have either size how is the OneNote app that is pre-installed? Went in to get the Tab A with s-pen and fell in love with the Tab S2. No fancy drawing but want it for taking notes with a soft tip stylus, I know it's not as good as having an S-pen but that screen just blows away the tab A.

OneNote and the Google Handwriting Input app go well together. Actually, any of the notation apps with drawing/handwriting do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49