Battery drain on 8.0 version

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really do have a battery draining issue. I notice the percentage change quite a bit it seems while I'm browsing the web and switching between apps. Standby is great, no issues there and I have changed all the settings for optimized battery usage. I just notice a drain while I'm using it that I'm not quite sure is normal.

For example, I've been using the tablet for the past hour and it has gone done about 10%. Is that normal? I installed the GSam Battery monitor to keep an eye on things but today is my first day having it on my tablet.

Bluetooth is off, WiFi settings are all changed for lowest drain possible, and I just use the tablet for simple browsing, YouTube videos, shopping, etc.

Just typing this post my battery went down 1%. My screen brightness is low.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My Note 10.1 2014 gets a little over an hour of screen on time per 10% of battery. I normally charge around 25% and by then my screen on time is about 7 hours. A lot depends on what I'm doing. If I play games then the battery lasts less time than if I'm just web browsing. Still, 10% per hour is what I expect, nominally.

From your description, your tablet is running about the same as mine. I think you're ok.

EDIT... Just so you know, Bluetooth is always off, Airplane mode is always on, and Wifi is turned off except when I'm on the internet, Screen brightness is low because this tablet is bright! My tablet is a T-Mobile version and I'm a Verizon customer, so there is no service for this tablet other than wifi.

Last edited:

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
10% drain per hour is pretty good. That's 10 hrs of use if you drain the battery down to zero, which I don't recommend 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally took it down to 10% once and it was just over 11 hours SOT. I think going down to 0 would actually give about 12 hours. Of course I wouldn't do it, but that's awesome!

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys! Being the obsessive freak I am with my devices, I factory reset it the other night and maybe it's just my imagination but the battery seems a tad better. Either way, I feel better knowing that the drain I was having is normal.