OTG not working on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.. Please help.

Robert Jean

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I am running my 8.0" tab on Lollipop 5.0.2.. I tried using OTG pen drives directly connected to the micro usb port or using a OTG cable.. either i could have my pen drive detected.. Can anyone suggest me a way to get this solved?

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to not understand what OTG means ... csn you enlighten us so as those that are not familiar with the acronym to assist?

Posted via the Android Central App

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
On the go.

I have used otg fine with my s2 9.7, but all otg cables are not the same as there are some incompatible specifications that have been adopted over the years. Try a few other otg cables. I had one from Sony I believe that works fine, others don't. I will try to add a screenshot later of it working.

NeilCBennett

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Here are some examples of what you should see. Tab S2 with Sony OTG cable, plugged in to tablet and USB card reader with sd card in (also works fine on thumb drives and hard disks), In file manager, and additional device appears in the devices connected as USB device A. Also check that thumb drive is formated as FAT.

Attachments

• 17817.jpg
    17817.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 27

Ramin569

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to not understand what OTG means ... csn you enlighten us so as those that are not familiar with the acronym to assist?

Same thing happened to me , and finally I find out to fix the problem you need discharge your battery use your device as long as it takes them turn on your device on download mode by pressing power,vol down , home at same time let it stays at blue screen till last drop of battery and when it gets off by itself try it in half an hour and it is not coming on at all connect it to your original or 2 amp adaptor . You will see charging animation on screen so problem solved .......

Ramin569

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Same thing happened to me , and finally I find out to fix the problem you need discharge your battery use your device as long as it takes them turn on your device on download mode by pressing power,vol down , home at same time let it stays at blue screen till last drop of battery and when it gets off by itself try it in half an hour and it is not coming on at all connect it to your original or 2 amp adaptor . You will see charging animation on screen so problem solved .......

Sorry I was replying to galaxy tab s2 charging and OTG PROBLEM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21