Streaming PC to tab s2

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a traveling job and im looking for a good setup for a tablet, some pc gaming, etc. I have a surface 3, and while it's a fantastic device, the windows store leaves a lot to be desired. I'm fine with a tablet probably 80% of the time. What I like about the tab s2 is its keyboard with a trackpad. I'm wondering if I can stream from my home PC to the tab s2 on the occassions I need windows. If it's possible, ID love to stream some newer PC games such as fallout 4. My internet speed at home is roughly 25 Mbps and the motel wifi is usually between 2 and 10 Mbps depending on room location. Just curious about this. Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Fallout 4? That's not happening, sorry. The lag time between when your computer gets the screen and when your tablet sees that screen update will cause you gameplay problems. Also, your DOWNLOAD speed at home means nothing for this, your home internet UPLOAD speed is what will matter for you to connect back to your computer, or more importantly for your home computer to send you the screen updates.

You're not really looking to "stream" as much as you are looking to connect using a remote desktop type of connection.

ubelsteiner

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldnt expect to find any way of streaming games to your tablet. If you want that, the Shield is more your thing, and even that is restricted to LAN from what I understand.

I use my S2 to remote into my home PC and a bunch of servers for work every day. I generally use Teamviewer the most, but recently have started preferring the official RDP app. Splashtop is also a good option to look into, but I haven't used it in a while. The touch input is pretty good with any of them if you're on the go, but with a bt mouse and keyboard it's just like being at your pc (if your connections are solid). To make things a little easier on the eyes, I usually set resolution on PC to like 1280x1024 when connecting.

As far as streaming media, definitely Plex