Galaxy Tab S2 Micro SD card is blank or has unsupported file system message

A

AC Question

I have bought this micro SD card which I have been trying to get to work for the past hour and I can't seem to get it to work. I am unsure what's going on here, any help?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's possible the SD card is a fake. Was it cheap.. where did you buy it? Install SD Insight to check it out... it'll test many of the major manufacture's cards. If it's a valid card, then it might be a hardware problem, like a seating problem or something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with nahoku. Also, does your computer read the card? If not, the card may also just be plain defective.

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Unsupported file system means the SD card is using a file system that the OS does not recognize, so it needs to be formatted. Got to Settings - Storage and select "Format" in the SD card section at the bottom.

THIS WILL ERASE THE SD CARD so make sure it is empty or you have backed up its contents first.

JMC2016

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I bought it on amazon.com . I installed SD Insight and it shows it is Toshiba Size 32 GB and Manufacture date is November 2015

yeotajmu

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Getting this message also, also on a tab s2. Card had been working fine, is a Samsung 64gb SD card.

I was using the card to store my uv movies from flixster. I would dl to my device and use file manager to manually move the movie files to the SD card. After dl a handful of movies this way and having no issues, I noticed the flixster app had a "dl to SD card" option. Figured it would save me the hassle of moving manually.

Well, tried to dl another movie. Go to check it after its finished and all my movies were no longer available offline. Weird. So I check storage. Showing 18gb used of my SD card, so appears fine. So go to file manager. Sd card is literally blank. Doesn't even have the file paths or anything Uh oh.

Try to format, does nothing. Take it out and re put it in and am getting the error message. I do format, it spins for minute, says checking, then back to the error message. Great, thanks a lot flixster.

Any ideas for a remedy? This is what I get for not just moving files manually I guess. Some app design.

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine and I had the same problem. So, I put the sd card in my PC and backed it up. Then I put the card in the Tab and did a format after I saw the error in the notification window. Once that finished, I connected the Tab to the PC and transferred the contents back to the card. Now, it's work perfectly.