I deleted the Gmail icon. How do I bring it back?

Dog at my side

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung Tab S2 tablet. It is running Lollipop 5.1.1

I wanted the Gmail icon on the Home screen. I could only find it located inside the Google Apps button on the Home screen. I pressed and dragged the Gmail icon to the Home screen. I dropped it on the regular email icon thinking it would replace it. No it made a folder instead. So I deleted the folder thinking that I only copied the Gmail icon. No, apparently I moved it. Now I can not find a Gmail icon anywhere.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Gmail update in hopes that would help. No joy.

How do I get the Gmail icon back?

Dog at my side

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
It was inside the Google folder. The Gmail icon in there was the one that I dragged to the Home screen and stupidly deleted.
I could not find the Gmail icon in the App Drawer either. This is tablet is new and I only have 2 pages in the App Drawer.

Dog at my side

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Okay I solved it.

I went back into the App Drawer. The Gmail icon still wasn't there. But, like the home screen, there was a Google folder in the App Drawer. So I looked in there and there was the Gmail icon. I went back to the Google folder on the Home screen and there was no Gmail icon to be seen. It seems like the two Google folders are different from one another. So I restored the Gmail icon to the Google folder on the Home screen and also placed it on the Home screen like I had originally intended.

Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34