Low sound volume after updating to 6.01

Boomer52

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after getting the MM update my sound volume is very low. I have to turn it up halfway now to get the volume I had at 1/4. I thought maybe it needed a factory reset, did that and no change. Anyone else have this problem?:(

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Glad I'm still on lollipop and will remain this way till android n is released on my tab S2. Marshmallow ruined my s6 edge plus experience so I refuse to update my tab s2.

calles

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
Noticed the same thing ...lower volume after update. Everything else is good though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Boomer52

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
If this was a Nexus tablet I wouldn't be worried about getting a fix. Not sure if this tablet will see another OS update, I hope I am wrong tho. Anyone know if there is a way to rollback to 5.1?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Some may have lower volume till end of 2017, no one will see android N on a galaxy tab s2 till then which sucks because the volume was already kinda low on lollipop, much worst on marshmallow.

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I can't even see it happening ever, tab s2 sm-t810 here in the UK still on 5.0.2 and February's security update.. :(

The gs2 will not get the next update ( Nougat ) . They will not see customers avoid their next possible purchase. Of course I guess at what I post. Just as everyone here on some subjects.
This volume issue really ruins my outlook on this tablet. 5.0.1 ♡ is where I shall stay at this rate of info.

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------

Last edited:

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The low sound with this latest update is awful. I now have to use earphones to hear what I could easily hear before from the speakers. Has anyone heard of a fix?

exapplerep

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
This is an acknowledged bug due to one or two lines of screwed-up code. When will it be fixed? No answer from Google.

By the way, the 6.0.1 update also brought another bug: The "recent apps" screens will periodically vanish with only some text saying" this is where your recent screens will appear". A reboot is required in order to resolve it...temporarily; the issue will return after a few hours.

It is painfully obvious that the Android programmers have no competent supervision. If AndroidOS were from Apple and Steve Jobs were still alive, there would be blood in the halls and advertised job openings. A phone with defective volume? And no update for weeks? Google should expect a class-action lawsuit over this...and they would deserve it.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with Android 6.01 so I don't know what the volume was at before but I use a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth headphones most of the time. It does seem to have a low volume even with the 2 speakers. I know my 12.2 galaxy tablet has a low volume too. My view sounds good but of course that is like a TV.

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Until now im still having this low volume issue..... any workaround? Im using this for watching youtube and movies... its frustrating...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude