why did Samsung use non removable battery?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is pretty much industry standard to use non removable batteries on tablets... Which tablet are you planning to use which has a removable battery?

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
They want to make sure you don't keep it too long, so when the battery goes dead you need to buy a whole new tablet. Maybe car manufacturers might start selling cars with sealed batteries next.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
They want to make sure you don't keep it too long, so when the battery goes dead you need to buy a whole new tablet. Maybe car manufacturers might start selling cars with sealed batteries next.

They do. I haven't seen a modern car battery that allows you to add water in quite a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I meant a battery sealed into the car so that you have to replace the whole car when they battery wears out. My present car battery allows you to add water, though, which reminds me that I should check the water level.

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I can see industry looking out for its bottom line before it's patrons but you think we can get a battery that gives you a 3 to 4 year battery first. This 2 year and it's not fully charging is not worth 4 to 5 hundred bucks and more.
I happen to have an ipad3 what they called new iPad. It's being used one way or another daily. I bought it in late 2008.
I'm thinking I have my money worth.
Be great if this S2 8.0 lasts past 2018.
I do not let any of my devices how under 40 and charge over 85.
This is very good for the battery.

9 11 01 Never Forget.

Tape Duct

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
You can buy a kit and the battery is higher rated to last longer, the kit is about 60$, just do a search "replacement battery for samsung galaxy s2" lot of return finds

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
You can buy a kit and the battery is higher rated to last longer, the kit is about 60$, just do a search "replacement battery for samsung galaxy s2" lot of return finds

That is for the Galaxy S2, not for the Galaxy Tab S2 which is what the OP originally posted. The Galaxy S2 (which is a phone) has a removable battery. The Galaxy Tab S2's battery is non-removable.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
With the improvements in battery technology and OS/app efficiency we should expect to see more OEMs moving away from non-removable batteries. This will become more prevalent as wireless charging technology is adopted by the OEMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz