purchased S2 8.0 unknowing the battery was not replaceable

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Guess it would not have been a deal breaker anyway but seeing as this update has not gained entry to the NYC area as of yet.
Can anyone take an educated guess as to the battery life?
I'd say 1 to 2 hours of daily use.
I do however practice a strict protocol for longevity. The charge stays between 45 and 80% . Never reaching 100% or empty to zero%. Apple had studied this battery usage stuff and wrote an article a while back .that I have read. I'm sure there is info beyond apples recommendation to battery longevity. These 8.0 size devices are what I'm interested in knowing about.

9 11 01 Never Forget.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The battery should last for years. My Google Nexus 7 2013's battery is still great after three years, which is more than I can say for my Google Nexus 7, but that's because I cracked the screen.

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone take an educated guess as to the battery life?
I'd say 1 to 2 hours of daily use.
I do however practice a strict protocol for longevity. The charge stays between 45 and 80% . Never reaching 100% or empty to zero%.

I've had my s2 8.0 (wifi version) for about 8 months and I never let the battery drop below 20% and I get about 6 to 7 hrs between charges.

Posted via the Android Central App

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Interesting.
Short frequent charges. Stay in the 40 to 80% range
Occasional full 100% charges for whatever reason will not hurt but I do this hardly ever
I have a perfectly good ipad3 running from late 2008. It's a thick ,heavy device.
This smaller 8.0 sized galaxy S2 battery will tell a different tale I imagine
I would be glad to get the update sooner than later and see it improve battery usage as I have read it might

9 11 01 Never Forget.

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never known a tablet to have a replaceable battery?

You really don't need to worry about battery life on this thing, it lasts a long time. I can't imagine that even the heaviest users would need to charge it more than once a day.
Charging the device overnight is no big deal.

I use mine quite a lot and charge it roughly every other day and rarely see it drop below 40%.
Its going to be years and years before it degrades to the point that it doesn't last a whole day between charges.
Relax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781