please enter your domestic area and if you did or did not get update

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It's hit or miss here in Hawaii. I've seen some of the 8" and 9.7" Tab S2's getting the update, and there is still no joy for the Nook Tab S2.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased 2 of these in spain last week. both got the update a few days after purchase. i do notice an app ive never seen on my other samsung tabs or phones. called samsung club. its only in spanish. The samsung rep says no other language available for that app. must be a Euro app.
(sadly back in texas)

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So what is with this update deal. They are talking 7.0 nougat already. It's out in beta but marshmallow is just hit and miss for S2 owners. I have had 2 separate Samsung phone reps tell me weeks apart that the Barnes Noble Samsung, nook collaboration means nothing per update. S2 nook is recognized as S2. They don't see nook. They see t-715 or whatever the 3 varying numbers are.
In NYC I do not see update as of yet. S2 8.0 nook

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Samsung needs to get humility. Then they need to be ashamed of themselves for treating this update thing like ametuers. It's really the doings of a Mickey mouse operation. How long does it take? They did not sell astronomical amounts of these devices and even so, Apple would have been done.

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Aaaaand... Still no update for Tab S2 Nook. I've seen the update for non-Nook Tab S2's though.

I checked Samsung's website and it shows the non-Nook 8" has Marshmallow, and the Nook version with Lollipop.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So what is with this update deal. They are talking 7.0 nougat already. It's out in beta but marshmallow is just hit and miss for S2 owners. I have had 2 separate Samsung phone reps tell me weeks apart that the Barnes Noble Samsung, nook collaboration means nothing per update. S2 nook is recognized as S2. They don't see nook. They see t-715 or whatever the 3 varying numbers are.
In NYC I do not see update as of yet. S2 8.0 nook

9 11 01 Never Forget.
-----------------------

"Domestic Area" still doesn't matter when it comes to updates.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
"Domestic Area" still doesn't matter when it comes to updates.

You also have to define, "domestic area." What constitutes a, "domestic area"? Is it a country, a region, a continent?

I do know this. OEMs, track devices using both model numbers and serial numbers. They know which devices were manufactured and shipped for which countries. They are usually manufactured in blocks or lots. That is how they track warranties.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So what is with this update deal. They are talking 7.0 nougat already. It's out in beta...

Is it possible to get 7 Beta on my Samsung? Are there any reviews on it? I'm not impressed with 6. Also I'd like it if they'd stop naming these things after candy. 6 or 7 should do.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
To answer my own question - there is a bunch of online stuff about installing the 7 beta now. 7, unlike 6, sounds like it will be a good upgrade.

Last edited: