In new Android version this name is by default AndroidAP. How can it be changed/personalised as in previous Android-versions?
    07-20-2016 09:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Typically, you would go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable Hotspot>Set Up Wi-fi Hotspot, ​where you can change the hotspot's network name. Do you have that option?
    07-20-2016 10:12 PM
    That used to be so before; it was so e.g. with Android 4. With Android 6 it is now different:
    Settings -> Mobile hotspot and tethering -> Mobile hotspot
    The hotspot name is fixed "AndroidAP" the selection distinguishes between "all devices" or "allowed devices only", but the name cannot be changed. However, the password can be changed. This can cause confusion if several "AndroidAP" are in reach. Is this an Android 6 or a Galaxy Tab S2 problem?

I should add that I could only use it now with "AndroidAP" and the selection "all devices". I do not know how the hotspot could be set up for "allowed devices only".
    07-21-2016 04:22 AM
    Oh sorry--it's still how I described it on Nexus devices running Marshmallow, but I don't currently have access to a Samsung device on Marshmallow. It's certainly possible that Samsung tweaked some settings. I'll try to check my wife's Note5 on Marshmallow later today.
    07-21-2016 06:35 PM