New update?

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my Tab S2 that has been on charger or standby for 2 weeks and it says update ready to install.. I already had did the update to Marshmallow. What was this update. I didn't see a choice to install later to look it up first.. Doh.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my Tab S2 that has been on charger or standby for 2 weeks and it says update ready to install.. I already had did the update to Marshmallow. What was this update. I didn't see a choice to install later to look it up first.. Doh.
This is on my Wifi only Tab S2 9.7"

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be just a security update.

I though Samsung was pushing out 6.0.1 to its devices and skipped 6.0. I wouldn't know first hand, because I am one of those guys that hasn't had his Tab S2 updated yet.

Max1001001

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
After installing the most recent update I am running the PG1 build. The first Marshmallow version I had was PD9. PG1 appears to be the latest.

Attachments

• Latest.png
    Latest.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 76

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I think samsung , no matter technical bs you could put down ,Samsung should be very embarrassed and shamed. They can't handle the update task at hand. There are issues they can not figure out and although I'm off your exact topic, what good is it if you sell Os devices if only part of the world can recieved it.
They can state they are in the middle of a soak test but it's bs. Apple puts them where they are. 2nd place in tabs and phones. Luckily I have all apple devices and I made a mistake buying S2

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It seems to be small update that didn't change the version number, what I like to call a "dot of a dot of a dot" update. My wife's S7 got an update today. It came with 6.0.1 installed and after the update it was still 6.0.1. Android and Apple don't go out past three numbers on their respective OS's. Where other software makers I've seen do.

And yes, I am starting to believe that Samsung screwed up somewhere with the whole Marshmallow roll out for the Tab S2s. Also, because I have the Tab S2 Nook, I am starting to think it is now Barnes & Noble who dropped the ball.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my s2 in spain and received the update the next date this was in july. Will i be getting future updates when they roll out in spain or is it based out of the time zone set in the tablet. (texas,usa)

and would i be missing (IF ANY) USA specific updates?