Have you been using your S2 9.7 without a screen protector? All good?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an S2 9.7 last weekend. I have put screen protectors on everything with a screen in the past (well, not my TV, can't find sheets big enough). Now I'm thinking of winging it without one.

Have those of you who aren't using a screen protector experienced scratches? How?

I'm asking because of all this Note 7 scratching debate.

Thanks!

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Im using a tempered glass protector on mine but i think this Note 7 debate has to do with gorilla glass 5. Which the Tab S2 does not have.

Trankster

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the S2 8.0 with no screen protector. I do have a case cover on at all times. Never used a stylus or taken to the beach. I have used daily for more than a year including international travel and the screen is flawless. This is my 6th tablet and have never used a screen protector or had scratches. I like the responsiveness and crisp view. Just be careful to avoid abrasive sand and grit.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a glass screen protector on both mine and my daughters. I've had to replace the screen protectors on both of our tablets, which was cheaper than replacing the screen or the tablet. So yes, I recommend using one.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Tempered glass on both my S2 tablets. Both have developed cracks but the cracks have zero effect on functionality - which would most definitely not be the case if the screen itself cracked. The tempered glass covers offer very good protection to the screen. They are very hard but, yes, brittle. I carry both tablets - the 8 and 9.7 - in cases, but I remove them from their cases when in use. Why add a substantial percentage of the tablet's weight when holding it? The case serves no purpose when I'm using the tablets. On both cases I broke off the latches that hold the tablet fast so they pop in and out. I put a rubber band around them while traveling to keep them in the case plus the cases still have a little outside latch to hold them closed.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I just went ahead and ordered a tempered glass protector. I'll just stick with my history of doing this. I actually like using a TPU case on my tablets when I'm not travelling (it's basically like a phone case, only covers the back).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown