How to format SD card as internal storage in Android 6.01

antbrown55

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have an S2 8.0 that was running Android 5.1.1 when I bought it. I had a 64 Gb SD card installed.
I've updated to Android 6.01 and apparently the new OS has a feature to format the SD card as internal storage but I can't get the device to give me the option.
I've moved everything from the SD card to internal storage and re-formatted the card, removed it and re-installed but no luck.
I tried formatting the card in Windows 10 then re-formatting on the tablet. Same thing.
Does anyone know how to do this or is the feature not supported by Samsung's software?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You can with the Edge Here's how to configure adoptable storage on your S7 / S7 Edge - Android - MoDaCo
I don't know if this works on the S2. Personally I would recommend adoptable storage. It slows down the phone. Cards fail and then you are screwed because the card is encrypted.you can't repair it in a pc as Windows doesn't recognise the file system. Because of encryption only the phone can read the sd card and lastly it still doesn't resolve the issue of internal memory filling up