My tablet did a factory reset by itself

Gumbyshu

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There's a little more to it... I plugged it in to charge one night last week, and the next day my wife handed it to me, puzzled. It looked like it had done a factory reset all by itself. I went through the usual Android setup screens, connecting to WiFi, linking up all my usual accounts, and all of our old stuff was deleted. Had to re-download everything. So my wife had to start all of her games over.

Same thing happened last night, except today it was back to normal, as if the factory reset HAD NEVER HAPPENED. It was setup exactly the same as it was before the random factory reset, down to the games being in the same places as they had been before the weirdness. I did nothing to restore any data, for any reason. And magically, it's back to where it was a week ago.

Anybody have any ideas about this? Thoughts, similar experiences? I've never heard of this happening, and I've had a lot of Android devices.

My wife and daughter were very glad to see that all the Tsum-Tsums they had acquired had reappeared.

I'm just puzzled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Difficult to say what might be the culprit. Could be something you installed, or a glitch in the firmware, or a hardware bug. The best thing I can suggest right now is to make sure you keep things regularly backed up or synced, and watch for a recurrence. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon