Chromecast vs hml cable for kodi

medic078

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab s2 9.7 tablet and recently loaded up Kodi and am loving it. I would like to be able to watch on my flat screen TV. It's an older model that does not have hml so would need either an hml adapter or Chromecast. Have seen a lot of contradicting things on line about hml adapter and this tablet being compatible/incompatible. As well videos I've watched seem to make it look like Kodi on Chromecast takes a lot of setting adjustments to get it to work. Anyone have any experience with either? And what would you say is the better choice?...thanks

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab s2 9.7 tablet and recently loaded up Kodi and am loving it. I would like to be able to watch on my flat screen TV. It's an older model that does not have hml so would need either an hml adapter or Chromecast. Have seen a lot of contradicting things on line about hml adapter and this tablet being compatible/incompatible. As well videos I've watched seem to make it look like Kodi on Chromecast takes a lot of setting adjustments to get it to work. Anyone have any experience with either? And what would you say is the better choice?...thanks

HML? Do you mean MHL? Honestly, MHL was a pretty wonkey thing to get working sometimes. I'd opt for the chromecast, get your settings right, and let it roll.

medic078

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah probably I have it backwards. I ended up trying out Chromecast and while initially couldn't get it working as Kodi doesn't have a cast button like Netflix or YouTube (something I find strange) by selecting the cast screen option it works like a charm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci