After fall, screen blacks out repeatedly, what do I do??

Rome1

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, my baby sister dropped my samsung tab S2 8.0 (LTE), there is no external damage. It was in a hard case. She dropped it from the bed approx 50 cm height. The tablet is functioning fine; calls/message/videos all are working fine, just the screen / display blacks out for a few seconds and this repeats for about 4-5 times, during this period of repeative blacking out the power and home button does not work. I have tried restarting the device, but it didn't help. I have asked the samsung center, but they haven't replied yet.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong???

Is there a problem with hardware or anyother thing???

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, my baby sister dropped my samsung tab S2 8.0 (LTE), there is no external damage. It was in a hard case. She dropped it from the bed approx 50 cm height. The tablet is functioning fine; calls/message/videos all are working fine, just the screen / display blacks out for a few seconds and this repeats for about 4-5 times, during this period of repeative blacking out the power and home button does not work. I have tried restarting the device, but it didn't help. I have asked the samsung center, but they haven't replied yet.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong???

Is there a problem with hardware or anyother thing???

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about this problem, but it definitely sounds like an internal hardware issue. There could be damage on the inside, such as a disconnected or loose ribbon cable, screen, etc. Samsung repair center or any other certified repair center should be able to assist.

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have this happening to me too and I haven't dropped or done anything to my tablet to cause this. In certain apps like Facebook when returning to to home feed from a new feed or video the screen will go blank for a few seconds. YouTube is now unusable as it plays the sound on videos, but no video. It has only just started happening recently, but it is annoying. I'm guessing it is something in the latest update, but I'm not sure. If anyone else is having these problems it would be good to know. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling YouTube it this is possible to see if it fixes the problem. If anyone knows what is wrong and can advise if be most grateful.

Matt

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
My tab s2 and my mom's tab s2 is almost exactly one year old and both of our started feezing and going black this week. Also getting hot... What's going on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12