SD card suddenly unsupported

John Dorrance

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Tab S2 for almost a year (Best Buy Black Friday purchase), and the card for almost as long (128 gig Samsung). And after all this time, with a lot of data stored on the card, the tablet suddenly isn't recognizing the card. The tablet fell off the bed a couple nights ago, and I'm wondering if something got damaged.

Troubleshooting: I tried putting the card from my old S3 phone into the tablet, and it seemed to recognize the card. I can't test the bigger card in the S3 phone because it's a larger capacity than the S3 supports, I think.

I don't want to lose the data from the card. I don't have any other devices that will read it, if it's readable. Is therea good data-recovery app I can install on the tablet that'll repair the card?

cfbush2000

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Don, get a sub card reader and test the card on a computer. If it reads it, back up the card to the computer. If a device cannot recognise a card, it can't recover data from that card. Any data stored on only one device (or card) is at risk, all devices die at at some point. I know from experience. HTH, good luck.