How turn off the sleep/wake sensor

Mike1195

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought yesterday one case that have that thing that opens de tablet without touching the power button, the problem is when I fold the case over backwards the magnetic strip in it is triggering the "sleep" function,
Has anyone yet figured out a way to shut off the autosleep/awake function? I already went to acessory and disable that option but keeps the same.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a design flaw of the cover -- they embedded a magnet that's too strong. I think you may have to root the tablet and use something like Xposed Framework to disable the smartcover sensor, so you may just want to return the cover and try another one. When in doubt, stick with covers made by Samsung, if possible.

Last edited:

Mike1195

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a design flaw of the cover -- they embedded a magnet that's too strong. I think you may have to root the tablet and used something like Xposed Framework to disable the smartcover sensor, so you may just want to return the cover and try another one. When in doubt, stick with covers made by Samsung, if possible.
There are any other options ?

JKarhani

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
i used the fenix for sm-t580 because i wanted to use android 6. same problem, i tried to remove the magnetic sensor from the rom, but still no hope. Any solution with no hardware interference?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I bought yesterday one case that have that thing that opens de tablet without touching the power button, the problem is when I fold the case over backwards the magnetic strip in it is triggering the "sleep" function,
Has anyone yet figured out a way to shut off the autosleep/awake function? I already went to acessory and disable that option but keeps the same.
Who makes the case. Is it a Samsung, or a third party case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech