Camera app freezes or locks up

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I try using the stock camera app and want to review the pictures the app locks up, what's causing this?
Could it be something to do with the scanDisk Ultra 32 gig micro SD card not being fast enough or??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, and the photos aren't crucial to save, then go ahead and allow chkdsk to try repairing those sectors.

Fisherguy 01

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Mr Diddy,
It is an authentic card, didn't find any errors running the chkdsk but when I backed up the contents onto my laptop there was a few files that musta been corupt, they wouldn't transfer, something to do with an i/o error..?
I skipped those files, formatted the card then put the files back onto it, now when I run the camera app I can go back and view the old pics as good as on an iPad! :)
Thanks for the help.
Will

currysteph

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I try using the stock camera app and want to review the pictures the app locks up, what's causing this?
Could it be something to do with the scanDisk Ultra 32 gig micro SD card not being fast enough or??

My LG V20 has this same issue. I have to remove the battery and restart the phone to clear the issue.... Pisses me off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam