fast charging not working after nougat update

A

AC Question

since nougat update, fast charging does not work for the galaxy tab s2. my wife has the 9.7 and i have the 8.0. NO, THIS IS NOT A CABLE ISSUE SO PLEASE DONT BOTHER TRYING TO TELL ME TO CHECK THAT. every single forum ive read says try that. the cable isnt the problem, the software in combination with the internal hardware is the problem. my 8.0 is brand new out of the box as of yesterday.
so far, to my knowledge, nobody has a fix to this, so here i am complaining :)
clearing the cache does not work, factory reset does not work. neither tablet is rooted. fast charging worked fine on marshmallow. also, from what ive read, this issue is mainly isolated to samsung products.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. There have been, as you've noted, lots of reports of fast charging problems. Nougat made changes related to the S8 class phones regarding fast charge and that appeared to affect older models of wireless chargers especially. Nougat also added a fast charge toggle in Settings that you may have to turn on. Knowing what kind of error or results you're seeing would be helpful.

It's also not necessary to use all caps.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Tab S2 8" and it was my understanding that it does not have Adaptive Fast Charging (if that is what you are describing) I do have an S7 Edge phone that does and it tells you when it is fast charging. My S2 does seem to charge pretty darn fast though.

One reference on no fast charging (there are more):

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s2-80-review

Edit - Just to confirm both of my devices are Nougat

Last edited:

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
since nougat update, fast charging does not work for the galaxy tab s2. my wife has the 9.7 and i have the 8.0. NO, THIS IS NOT A CABLE ISSUE SO PLEASE DONT BOTHER TRYING TO TELL ME TO CHECK THAT. every single forum ive read says try that. the cable isnt the problem, the software in combination with the internal hardware is the problem. my 8.0 is brand new out of the box as of yesterday.
so far, to my knowledge, nobody has a fix to this, so here i am complaining :)
clearing the cache does not work, factory reset does not work. neither tablet is rooted. fast charging worked fine on marshmallow. also, from what ive read, this issue is mainly isolated to samsung products.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 never had fast charging!

LeonV2

Aug 12, 2017
Visit site
Ok guys after a small research around i can say that this is a bug.I have the same problem fast charge not working all time and also stops charging randomly so i have to unplug the cable and plug it again and i have to disable and enable the fast charging.It doesnt matter what device you have it is just a software problem and we must wait for a patch.If they dont release it soon personaly i will revert it to marsmellow again.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by enable & disable? Do you have a Fast Cable Charging switch under Battery>Advanced Settings? I do on my S7 Edge that supports fast charging but not on my 8" T713 Tab S2. The S7 supports fast charging and it has always worked perfectly on my phone but I can't find anything that says that the Tab S2 supports any of the Qualcomm Adaptive Charge standards. My S2 also always charges as quickly as any of the non-fast charge devices I own now or have owned. What specific model number Tab S2 do you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL