I have been using the charger and cord that came with the device. Charging was normal until a few days ago. Charging had slowed down to a crawl, I changed to another Samsung charger. The device charged to 100% overnight. The next day, after usage down to 70%, I placed it back on the charger, I was only able to get 90%. I used it a little while on the charger, the battery drained slowly. I placed it on standby and left it on the charger. The battery continued to drain to 40% -- it's on the charger and not being used. I left it on the charger overnight, still no change on the battery status.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the battery charged back up and keep it working properly? Do I have solutions other than purchasing a new tablet?

Thank you for any help that can be provided.
    05-18-2018 10:30 AM
    It could either be a faulty charging port or a dying battery. Unfortunately for both it would take a repair center to properly determine which is at fault (if not even both). From your description it does sound like a battery about to die, though.

To rule out software issues I'd start it up in Safe Mode and charge there. If it charges normally, then it might be an app that's causing issues with battery drain.
    05-18-2018 11:48 AM
    They symptoms are about 95% certain to be saying "bad battery". Check with repair shops (in the US, it's YouBreakIFix) for a price. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new tablet.
    05-19-2018 04:37 PM