How is the Galaxy Tab S2 doing after a year or two?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Screen is good. I get battery around 4 to 5 hours with browsing and video. Definitely not great battery but decent enough. But the problem is, it is charging slowly after 7.1.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine is almost three years old and I'm not seeing and screen or battery degradation. I'm running Marshmallow though. My version (Nook) was never updated to Nougat.

Mistressbrindello

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I use mine for several hours a day. Just reading and browsing mostly and I love it. I have the 8 inch screen and it's perfect for reading or watching YouTube. The camera is pretty terrible but I don't use it for that and the battery is holding its charge less well after three years of use but it's been an amazing tablet for me.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine is almost three years old

And this is one of the "cons" of this device. It's 3 years old, if a major security vulnerability is found Samsung is unlikely to patch it. The device is 2 years closer to no longer being supported by recent/current apps than the device that replaced it - the Tab S3

I understand budgets, I do, but at some point the "cons" outweigh the cost savings.

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine going on three years now and it's in use for brewing, streaming, washing videos etc for a couple of hours a day and its still perfect.

Sir Loyne

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I got my 8" S2 when they first came out. It originally had Lollipop. I installed Marshmallow which made it worse. For the last year or so it's been mounted in my car and I use it as my stereo. When Nougat came out I installed that. It's the worst of the three. I also installed Nougat on my Asus Zenpad 3S 10 tablet and it's WAY better than Samsung's version of Nougat. If Oreo came out, hypothetically, I don't know if I would install it. Samsung puts its own spin on releases, and they're always worse than what you had before. It doesn't see much use so the battery, as far as I can tell, is just as good as it was when it was new.

Last edited:

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I've got three Tab S2's - two 9.7's and one 8. All are still chugging along. Yeah, charging is a problem, though. I leave them plugged in most of the time, either in the vehicle or AC. When they're on, the 9.7's lose charge even while plugged in, and they are fussy about what cables work too.

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine has always worked pretty well, but lately, it will just shut down while I am using it. I have to turn it back on and type in my code to get it running again. Then again it may stop or run fine for the next hour. PITA.
Randy

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have owned my tab 2 for approximately 2years.
When the tablet reaches 10 percent, system shut off.. This is due to a lot of use?..and I just noticed I have screen burn in...
Overall this has been a Great tablet!