My mum bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 because she wanted something to play games and watch YouTube on (because it is huge!)

Our home WiFi has been dropping in and out but I just assumed it was the age of my tablet which runs on Android 4.7.0.

Recently, however, it has been getting worse. We initially thought it was my new phone, a Nokia 6.1, but tested by turning the phone off and it proved nothing.

Just today, my mum was looking something up, tunrned of her tablet and it disconnected the internet from her phone. We did further testing and found that it is the problem because when we turn the tablet's WiFi on, every device in the house struggles to connect it receive WiFi signal. Well, we are connected but can't use it.

Is there anyone who can suggest a fix? If any new info is needed, I can give it.
    Thanks!
    07-07-2018 06:13 AM
    Running which version of Android? If it's Oreo, we've had a few other reports of about the same thing.

If you have a Widows computer (or Linux computer) around, try

ping -t aol.com

then connect the tab's wifi. If the ping on the computer stops, it's the same problem. I don't think we've seen a solution yet. (But you could try changing the encryption on the router - that's the most common bug I've found in wifi implementation in Android so far.)
    07-07-2018 03:03 PM