Samsung Tab S2 9.7Inch - Power Button/Home Button doesn't turn on screen everytime

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue and was able to resolve the problem. My Samsung Tab S2 9.7 inch works fine except for when trying to turn on the screen (Device is on but screen is in sleep/locked) and when pressing the power button or home button doesn't bring the screen up. Sometimes it shows a messed up screen to which it doesn't respond, or its a black screen but the button on the bottom (Back arrow and menu) light up like it's suppose to. The device eventually turns the screen on properly (Sometimes takes over 20 tries or I give up to try again later).

It's been like this for so long that i finally had enough, I opened the back (Warranty long gone) and unplugged the batter and plugged it back in. Same situation but I don't believe the battery is a problem. I believe the problem is the little connector next to the power button. I've seen youtube videos of other peoples S2 be taped down with the "clear tape" (Sorry don't know the name of this type of tape used for electronics) while mine was connected to the back piece via a sticky substance. I strongly believe that the connector is the issue or maybe the screen?

Anyway, any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

P.S - I don't really have much $$$ so taking it to a repair shop isnt ideal. :( I do have the tools to open it though!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine just did this exact same thing!! It's quite frustrating and I sometimes end up having to restart my tablet. Hope someone could explain it but doubt if many are having this issue from the looks of it or know how to solve the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney