I have a Samsung Tablet S2 running v7. I want to connect a USB camera to it so that I can film overhead shots of an athlete (archer) and also watch it on the tablet. I have tried connecting WebCams and have used apps such as CameraF1 but I cannot get the two to talk to one another - am i missing something or is it an impossible task.
    12-10-2018 07:19 AM
    Try using an OTG cable, but it's most likely impossible. The camera probably needs a driver, and they don't write drivers for Android. But OTG cables are cheap (you should be able to find one for microUSB on eBay for about a dollar, shipping included) so try one. You might be surprised and it might work.
    12-10-2018 01:25 PM
    Near to the latter, I'm afraid. Android, unlike Windows or Mac, doesn't come with generic USB camera controllers, so you can't just 'plug and play' one of those, even if your device supports OTG connections (they will support USB storage and peripherals like keyboard and mouse, however).

For cameras and other USB accessories, you need the app itself to have such controller built in. In your case, you'd need a camera that has a specifically-built Android app, and the camera would only be available through that app.
    12-10-2018 01:26 PM
    I have 4-5 Android devices (Android 4.0 too 8.1), 3 Android endoscopes and one microscopes, and NONE of the camera will work with Android. I have tried 5-6 different apps and they still do not work. I have read many comments on how external cameras do not work with Android. WHY is Android so stupid? All of my devices will connect and work just fin with my LINUX OS laptop, but not one with any Android device. Somethine is wrong with this picture (Operating System that is). I sure wish someone would write a "how-to" that would allow external cameras to work with Android.
    12-31-2018 02:04 PM
    I know I can't do this with my S7 Edge or Galaxy Tab S2 - but I also know I can't do it with my iPad Pro. Mobile OS's are limited.
    12-31-2018 10:17 PM