Galaxy Tab S2 (looking for 4 part Rom)

Julie_faerie

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
I need some help.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T813). I was trying to install Lineage OS and many of the techs written about doing so on the device were incorrect in one way or another. Ultimately I was able to get the device rooted (unfortunately I was forced to do this in order to install TWRP).
When I was looking for information on unlocking the bootloader the few things I found all said it was already unlocked. Eventually I took those statements at face value and proceeded to install Lineage OS 16. It said it was successfully completed but it won’t reboot. It has a picture of a battery with a lightning bolt and the screen says ”set warranty bit : kernel”. It can go into download mode only, not recovery or to an OS. It cannot be turned off and can only be allowed to die via battery discharge.
It is recognized by Odin in download mode and I have been trying to install stock firmware but all I can find are .tar files for the android 7 that is stock for SM-813. Odin says that I need the four files Bl, Ap, Cp, CSC. The closest I have found was Sammobiles site which claimed the firmware they host would unzip into these 4 files but it doesn’t. It is a tar as well and doesn’t work. I really need some help locating the proper stock firmware with all of the necessary files. Any information on unlocking the bootloader on this device is also very welcome. This is a new device and I’m feeling a little desperate and out of options. I would greatly appreciate some assistance so I can unbrick the tablet. I’m new to this forum but I’m not sure where to go for assistance from here having come up short elsewhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The 4 file flash is used to preserve your data, which you already don't have, so don't worry about it. Just load the singlefile into the AP slot and it should flash the full ROM.

Julie_faerie

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
That doesn’t work. There is a message that led me to believe I needed the 4 files and I was told as such elsewhere that they were needed to unbrick. I have tried the tar from five different sources in the Ap. Is there something else I should be doing here? I thought saving data was about using home_csc as opposed to csc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49