Think I've killed my tabs2 9.7. Following water spilt on it.( just a bit from a spilled glass) the power button became intermittent so I removed the screen to check water not inside. Couldn't see any signs of ingress but whilst 'breaking the seal' around screen with a plastic pic in area of home button the screen lit up white at bottom of screen. Now the power button works (result) but the bottom of screen is white with white vertical lines on screen . Top area of screen works to touch and rotate but I can't type as keyboard area is white out although if I tap on it it will produce letters. The home button, tab button and return button all work.
    Any ideas??
    07-10-2019 11:27 AM
    Sounds like you either damaged the display panel (the touch layer is separate from this, but usually sold as an unit) or you damaged/loosened a connector.
    07-10-2019 12:11 PM
    Hi
    Following a small water spillage my TabS2 was very erratic switching on. I removed the front screen to check for water ingress but saw no sign of water however during screen removal, whilst breaking the glue seal along the bottom of the screen, the screen flashed white along the bottom.
    After replacing the screen the tabs2 turns on ok so that's a win but now I have a white oblong area at bottom of screen and 2 or 3 vertical lines running from it. Everything else seems to work ok. Touch screen and buttons including those around the home button.
    I cant type on the screen as the white area covers where the keyboard would normally appear. If I tap on the white it still produces characters on screen but of course they are random as I don't know what I'm tapping.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    07-11-2019 01:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Assuming the water exposure was the reason for the power-on issues, it's very possible that there was additional water damage that wasn't readily visible (and most water damage won't be visible to the naked eye unless it's already led to corrosion). You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop to further diagnose the problem. Sorry!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-11-2019 04:46 PM
    [Threads merged]
    07-12-2019 12:41 PM