Just Received Memory Card. Do I Need to Reinstall to Make Full Use of it?

whoster69

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I received my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 about 5 days ago. I got my memory card for it today and installed it in the tablet.

My question is this: Do I need to do a reset and a complete reinstall to take full advantage of the memory card?

Thanks for any help with this.

whoster69

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean wipe the card, I meant wipe the tablet and do a complete reinstall. I want to make best use of the card and since all my apps were installed before I had it, none were installed on it and I'm not sure they make use of it.

Thank you for your time.

fresca2u

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
No, you don't have to start fresh. Once you install the memory card, go to Settings --> Applications. Then, select each of the apps you'd like to run from the memory card. Once an app is selected, tap on storage. Then, if the app can be moved to the memory card, you'll have a button that says "Change". Selecting that will allow you to move the app to external storage.

It is a kludgy process, and you have to remember to change newly installed apps, but it works.

whoster69

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So there is no process to have it auto install them on the memory card with new app even?

Thanks for the reply!

No, you don't have to start fresh. Once you install the memory card, go to Settings --> Applications. Then, select each of the apps you'd like to run from the memory card. Once an app is selected, tap on storage. Then, if the app can be moved to the memory card, you'll have a button that says "Change". Selecting that will allow you to move the app to external storage.

It is a kludgy process, and you have to remember to change newly installed apps, but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith