Calibration issue or dead spots on the screen?

ddoyle777

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed after a month's use that the S Pen doesn't seem to register taps in the upper right and lower left (in portrait mode). My finger works just fine there however.
Any clue what is happening, or what I can do about this?
Thanks.

stoitchog

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Have you by any chance using some cover that has magnets around there.
Try to use the pen there while the tablet is not in any case or cover or close to any possible source of a magnetic field.

ddoyle777

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You know, I think you are right. Just tried the device with no case and it's perfect. The magnets must be just strong enough to disrupt pen input, but not strong enough to mess with finger input.
Great catch! Thanks

stoitchog

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Yes the finger reading is capacitive and is not effected by magnetic field. Samsung/Wacom pen technology uses electromagnetic induction which is separate from the screen and is sensitive to external magnetic field.

Microsoft's Surface Pro, for example, uses newer capacitive tech that uses the actual screen's fingers reading grid and u can put any magnets around and they won't mess up the pen.

Simon Asser

Nov 19, 2018
Visit site
Have you by any chance using some cover that has magnets around there.
Try to use the pen there while the tablet is not in any case or cover or close to any possible source of a magnetic field.

Thanks for this I was wondering why my s pen was going haywire and strangely enough it happened just after I got a magnetic case for my note 8 after taking it off it works perfectly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax