Case suggestions please

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a case they really like? I'm searching Amazon and am not sure which way to go. My only requirement is it have a stand option. Anyone have a favorite?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
wasn't sure about the Samsung keyboard cover and ordered the book cover to compare the two. really liking the kb cover and keeping it. was half price at BB, full price would have said forget it tho. like the kb shortcuts I'm discovering as well.

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I own the Samsung Keyboard cover and also a clear case from LK on Amazon. I typically use the LK at home when I don't need a keyboard, and the keyboard cover when traveling. The LK wouldn't meet your needs though, as it doesn't have a kickstand. I have a separate metal stand from Anker that's pretty nice and more sturdy than any kickstand.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care about standing it up in portrait mode, I highly recommend this one.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 Case, BELK Premium Leather Multiple Viewing Stand Cover with Hand Strap , Auto Wake/Sleep Smart Folio Flip Card Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T820 T825, Brown https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XFXDJT...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5860592

It's incredibly sturdy. You can tap on the screen and it won't topple over.

I prefer portrait mode for a lot of my usage, so I'm looking for a case that handles both portrait and landscape.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the Samsung keyboard cover. You can only use it in one position. You cannot fold it back for times when you do not need the keyboard, for that reason I returned it.

The one I use now has a removable keyboard and has 3 or 4 positions.
IVSO Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7 Case With Keyboard Ultra-Thin DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case/Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7-In https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y1WKV1...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5872897

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm also using the Samsung Keyboard Cover. Like the others I got it at BB when it was half off. The stand only works for landscape mode so not certain if it will fit your needs. I had an IVSO cover for my previous tablet and based on that experience would recommend giving it a try as long as you can return it with no hassle.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm also looking for a case that actually holds the S Pen. Without it being attached to the device somehow I have no idea how I'm not going to lose it immediately. I'm hoping to find a case that has a space to hold it.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
http://a.co/4JCQsng is the one I got. Has a snap in holder for the S-Pen and holds the tablet well. Magnetic close flap that double protects the Spen. Keyboard is held in place with a magnet and the case can be used without the keyboard. They also sell one cheaper without the keyboard.

The hard protection for the S-Pen was the winner for me. Most cases use a cheesy elastic holder that will wear out in a few months. This one is solid.

bgoodr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
It is not clear to me what you meant by a stand option, but this genuine leather case I bought from Amazon works very well and has a nice pen holder on the side so I don't lose the S Pen. I am very happy with this case:

http://a.co/14AeslI

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, I got to travel with my tablet this week, using the Moko case I linked above. I discovered (with about 25 minutes left in a 2 hour flight) that on planes with a pocket near the top of the seat you can "hook" the cover in the pocket and hang the tablet in landscape mode for easier viewing. This was my last of 4 flights for the trip (2 Sunday, 2 to return on Saturday) but it was the only plane of the 4 that had this pocket.

lee469

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the:
Solo Premiere Leather Universal Tablet Case, 8.5" up to 11", Espresso.
bought at staples about 4 or 5 years ago and still in great shape. used for Asus tablet, then tab s2, and now tab s3. It is zippered and gives good protection.