I notice every couple weeks Best Buy or someone has it on sale for $500, but I still don't want to pay that much. Any chance you think it will go down to around $450?

I'm hoping they come out with a model under 9 inches like the Tab s2 did. I like the size of the Tab S2 which I currently own.

Is it worth the upgrade if I don't use the spen a lot? I have an S8 Plus I use more now. It's sad the Tab s2 came out in March, yet has an older processor than my s8.
    07-06-2017 01:38 PM
    Not until next year. You might be able to find a good deal on Labor Day sales, but most likely it won't be as good as it could be for Black Friday or Thanksgiving sales for the Holidays.

If you don't use the S-Pen and don't mind the 'outdated' (it's still VERY good, mind you) processor, two speakers instead of four, and 'last year's' design language, I'd go for the S2. It just received the Nougat update so it's a very close second to the S3.
    07-06-2017 02:21 PM
    I already own the S2.
    07-06-2017 04:33 PM
    You can get it from Dell right now for 499 with a hundred dollar gift card. If you have some stuff you need anyway, then you're effectively getting it for 399.
    07-06-2017 10:18 PM
    I also really don't want to get it because I want to see what the Note 8 is like. I got the s8 plus but in a couple months after the Note 8 is out I wanna see if they run deals on it like the s8. Bestbuy and samsung.com had sales on the unlocked S8. Or hope samsung.com puts the tmobile one on sale too.

I'm not getting burned this time. I pre ordered the s8 Plus tmobile version and then less than two months later the things go on sale and other good stuff with the unlocked one. Samsung I don't recall did all the price slashes last year for the s7 so quickly. I'm wondering they did these sales and promotions because sales are sluggish.
    07-06-2017 11:15 PM
    There were a lot of deals for the S7. Like a month after launch there were bogof deals. This is no different. I'm not concerned with the Note 8. Rumors point to it not being so great. Just an S8 plus with a pen. I'm waiting on the S9
    07-06-2017 11:35 PM
    There were a lot of deals for the S7. Like a month after launch there were bogof deals. This is no different. I'm not concerned with the Note 8. Rumors point to it not being so great. Just an S8 plus with a pen. I'm waiting on the S9
    Plus, with the S8 Plus huge screen might have taken a chunk of the sales of the Note 8. What concerns me is the rear camera one rumored concept has it as a hump similar to the V20 which we know how fragile the V20 camera is!
    07-07-2017 02:05 AM
    Maybe down to $400 on blackfriday.
    07-15-2017 12:37 AM
    Maybe down to $400 on blackfriday.
    I really don't think that will be the case. If the previous Tab S tablets are any indication, they didn't have any Black Friday deals at all (previous and current Tab E tablets, previous Note phones and previous and current S-line phones, yeah), and they never went $150 below the original MSRP until after a year from release.

Currently, used Tab S3's on Amazon haven't fallen below the $400 mark.

So while this would be an awesome deal for Black Friday and quite plausible, historic data is not on our side this time. But who knows, sales are rough this year compared to when the Tab S or Tab S2 were released, so never say never.
    07-18-2017 02:51 PM
    I really don't think that will be the case. If the previous Tab S tablets are any indication, they didn't have any Black Friday deals at all (previous and current Tab E tablets, previous Note phones and previous and current S-line phones, yeah), and they never went $150 below the original MSRP until after a year from release.

Currently, used Tab S3's on Amazon haven't fallen below the $400 mark.

So while this would be an awesome deal for Black Friday and quite plausible, historic data is not on our side this time. But who knows, sales are rough this year compared to when the Tab S or Tab S2 were released, so never say never.
    I got my 2nd Tab S2 for $250 plus free cover on this last cyber Monday. I think Tab s3 around BlackBerry and holiday is not far off.
    07-18-2017 08:56 PM