I'm on a galaxy tab s3 and using the LectureNotes app, and it's just been endless frustration trying to record notes at regular writing speeds. The pen writes several millimeters off where I'm aiming if I'm within 1-2 centimeters from the bezels , and at random spots on the screen I can't write at all. Writing slow, large, legible lines doesn't solve the problem. Is it recommended to even use this device for this purpose? I've taken off my screen protector and tried drawing in various illustration apps, and the experience is just as bad.
    08-08-2017 01:08 PM
    I hope someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in here. All I can add is that mine works perfectly, all the time, so I must assume yours is defective.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    08-08-2017 02:21 PM
    I don't think there's a software calibration option, but you might have a bad tablet. Mine writes just fine and just as fast as if I were writing on a real notepad with an ink pen. I haven't used LectureNotes, though, I've only used S-Notes (had to find an old APK since that fabulous app has been discontinued), Samsung Notes (horrid, simplistic replacement of S-Notes), and One Note, but they all seem to work just fine and haven't noticed any major deviation with the S-Pen tip... EXCEPT with magnets.

My cover has some ill-placed and powerful magnets that while doing the trick of turning the screen on/off, they also throw the S-Pen off if I have the magnets facing the back of the tablet, but that only happens around the area where the magnets are.
    08-08-2017 02:23 PM
    I have not used Lecture notes either, but I have Samsung notes, Inkcredible, Bamboo Paper and Autodesk Sketchbook and I notice a SLIGHT delay if I'm doing something extremely quick, but nothing that would bug me. Maybe it's that app? Have you tried a different writing app?
    08-08-2017 02:49 PM
    @AC Question: LectureNotes allows to compensate for a constant offset (see shift input setup in the app's input settings). However, blind spots sound more like a hardware issue.

I mention this only for the sake of completeness: S-pen input is inductive, meaning that any magnetic material in close proximity should be avoided; magnets (for instance in protective covers) can also cause blind spots.
    08-09-2017 05:27 AM
    I have not used Lecture notes either, but I have Samsung notes, Inkcredible, Bamboo Paper and Autodesk Sketchbook and I notice a SLIGHT delay if I'm doing something extremely quick, but nothing that would bug me. Maybe it's that app? Have you tried a different writing app?
    Never have had a problem w/Lecture Notes. Very much doubt this is your problem.
    08-09-2017 08:32 AM
    If the problem happens around the edges it seems like u have a protective case with magnet locks. Magnetic field interfere with how the SPen works.

Try with the tablet without a case.
    08-09-2017 11:29 AM
    @AC Question: LectureNotes allows to compensate for a constant offset (see shift input setup in the app's input settings). However, blind spots sound more like a hardware issue.

I mention this only for the sake of completeness: S-pen input is inductive, meaning that any magnetic material in close proximity should be avoided; magnets (for instance in protective covers) can also cause blind spots.
    True, but well-designed cases avoid this by carefully placing the magnets and using ones that aren't too strong. Unfortunately this is not the case with most 3rd party ones
    08-09-2017 01:03 PM
    I'm going to throw a curve-ball: I have a Note3 that slows and stops my watch - I wonder if it might work the other way around? If it's a case of magnetism, that makes sense, so try removing your watch! I got onto this forum because I was looking at the Galaxy Tab S3 for general comments, having decided I must have an intelligent stylus. Thank you everyone.
    08-11-2017 07:43 PM
    I'm going to throw a curve-ball: I have a Note3 that slows and stops my watch - I wonder if it might work the other way around? If it's a case of magnetism, that makes sense, so try removing your watch! I got onto this forum because I was looking at the Galaxy Tab S3 for general comments, having decided I must have an intelligent stylus. Thank you everyone.
    I don't think the watch's internals could be causing any interference unless that's one poorly designed watch with strong magnets, but I can see the Note affecting a watch (don't try this, but if you keep a credit card next to the phone for long enough, the card will start to fail, too...works quicker on hotel keys).
    08-12-2017 04:29 PM
    Thanks for the warning!
    08-13-2017 11:17 PM