Galaxy Tab S3 handwriting recognition suggests misspelled words

Snowfaerie

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm trying to write the word "flavonoids" on my S3 pen, but no matter how clearly I try to draw the letters, it always comes out as "flavonoida". I've been trying to get it to recognise the word right for 5 mins straight, and every single time it comes out as "flavonoida". I've tried to delete the word from my dictionary, but holding down on the suggestion in predictive text options does not give the choice to delete it. How can I remove the suggestion from the dictionary or get the handwriting tool to recognise it right?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, I just tried it on mine and it worked just fine. Tested on a Note 8, same thing. To remove a word from the dictionary you have to be in Keyboard mode (Samsung Keyboard). Then type in 'flavonoida' and remove it when it comes up.

Snowfaerie

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
I have no idea, holding down on a word on the list of suggested words in keyboard mode does not bring up any option to remove it. I don't know why. Also, it seems that flavonoida is not on the list of suggested words there, but only comes up in handwriting mode. Do these two use separate dictionaries somehow?

Edit: All the word suggestions are different between keyboard and handwriting modes, I guess these two do have separate dictionaries somewhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Long shot, but have you tried changing languages and back to English? Or correcting the last letter for flavonoida a bunch of times so maybe it'll get it?

And sorry to ask, but if you write an 'S', does the keyboard take it as an S? (Don't hit me haha had to ask)

Snowfaerie

Nov 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I usually swap languages a lot since I write in both Finnish and English. Also, yes, if I write an S the keyboard and the handwriting tool usually read it as S, it's just with this one weird word that they've decided not to. Probably accidentally accepted it somewhere along the line and now it just thinks that's the only way to write it and reads whatever squiggle at the end as A.

Edit: No, actually, if I try "flavonoidf", it reads it as "flavonoidej". Interesting but not entirely relevant.

I've tried correcting it a bunch of times, but it just doesn't understand an S in that word. D:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can try clearing the keyboard's cache/data, but that will likely wipe your current dictionary. If you're OK with that and that outweighs having to deal with Flavonoida haha then you could try that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC