Ask me any TAB S3 queries. Due to various reasons cannot state where I work or such please don't ask

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Is Oreo coming?

No there is no development as of yet. And there won't be. So don't expect a rollout until late next year. This is hard so suck it up.

Fingers crossed for an earlier release but such is not the case as the owners of this device are a niche and discerning community this any beta testing is impossible.

This is exactly why you are still stuck at android 7.0 and not had a release to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2

We are trying for hdr10+ but this is unlikely as of yet and support is still in testing and not on the tab s3 but the Note 8 currently also the s9 that is all I'm allowed to say

We probably won't release a 2018 version of tab S3 that is similar to tab S2 but this is a possibility.

Currently at the works is a 4k enabled 18.5:9 device which is above 8 inches but below 10.5

But as always take any information with a pinch of salt this is just for peace of mind and to create loyalists

To give a straight answer to your question NO, not until March at the very least. There might be security updates though. We recently resolved krack vulnerability otherwise we would not have released the Netflix HDR Update which is filmsy at best and for a time Nextflix had stated Tab S3 under their HDR Section but now it's back under HD

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Does the Tab S3 have an audio chip from Maxim Integrated? I strongly suspect that it does due to the insanely good sound quality.

No it does not. Since it supports aptx it's a Qualcomm chip with aqstic. The speakers are .64 W each a thus under 4w power output. 86 decibel max but its tinny above 84 so I'd suggest keeping it at volume 12 or 13 and not hit 14 or 15. This will cause damage in long run and lower decibel output performance.

This is DaC support 24 bit 192khz that's why they sound so good.

Harman has previously worked with cirrus logic(was called wolffson before) when Samsung put in Wolfson chips in their Exynos powered phones starting with the galaxy S3 tab S2 was also powered by a cirrus class D but then they shifted to Snapdragon and you can cleary note the difference in speaker performance although it's marginal

Only the Snapdragon 835 supports aptx HD and this is a major reason why they went with 820 as utilising 4 separate drivers to provide such capabilities is a haranguing task and 820 was tried and tested especially with the plantronics backbeat pro which is quite popular due to such reason in its budget.

Hope this has been an eye opener

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Also note the backbeat pro had 2 40 mm drivers thus the management in tab s3 the speaker turn features positioning coz two 🔊 work at once it's like dual core cpu to make it easier to comprehend.

In landscape they don't position thus all 4 work at same. But say you make a Skype call its the bottom firing speakers that do the work unless you turn on speaker option on Skype. Then too bottom speakers overtake thus showing the 'human orientation' detection .

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Why does this tablet have such slow internet speeds when using a cell phone as the wifi hotspot?
I have two laptops and they both download much faster using the same cell phone hotspot.

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Make sure that the only device connected to the Hotspot is tab s3 and also see if the hotspot is 5GHZ I used a lot of Jio 4G volte to download huge HDR videos on Netflix and rather humongous files on prime video. Needless to say I filled completely my 2 sd cards but Jio seemed to fluctuate a lot and Vodafone 4G gave a better performance.

This was all via hotspot from the 10 or G and OnePlus 5 where obviously OnePlus gave better hotspot performance.

Range can be an issue. Also if you got a LTE version make sure you are in airplane mode. Bluetooth usage such as file transfer protocol or audio output greatly half's the throughout of WiFi bandwidth as both both draw power from same source and I don't mean battery but the circuitry.

This is not something old but new as it greatly reduces battery drain. But a HDR show on Netflix or Amazon will just play fine at max quality so you're basically must be trying to move mountains.

What exactly is the issue can you specify where. Also how can you say the laptops intake more packets? If it's torrent my friend I got news for you.

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Tried that a couple of days after I got the tablet and it's been a few months.

Needless to say Samsung doesn't care for providing this as this is not like a phone. Most of the time you aren't in UI but in apps on a tablet unlike phones.

And tablet however flagship is always not better than a note 8 say. Plus huge battery really man as an Android developer it makes sense to me and using launchers on a tablet is just not cool.

I just ignored it for some time and didn't even take me a day to get over it. There are some solutions but it's just a waste of your life. You can go for installing the Samsung themes app via APK mirror if you that crazy.

I haven't tested this and neither will I. I'm more bothered about binge watching some show in HDR. Or getting my Bluetooth keyboard to do my assignments or just some productivity with the s pen

Sje141

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi
New to android and the S3.i use Google drive but after going over several vids on how to log out of Google drive,non of them work on my modrl/version.
Anyone with any ideas please.
I use a screen lock and power on password etc but still prefer the extra security of having a separate login for the g drive

Regards and happy New year to all

Kizznyc

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I'm not interested in that stuff for Tab S3 as it pretty much renders HDR useless then Netflix bans you and you gotta do the magisk thing too much trouble better off rooting my OnePlus 5. Only benefit would be GL tools so as to play Nvidia Tegra games on Tab S3 but if you can get a 600 usd tablet surely you can get an Xbox one x or PS4 pro for about the same. Or a decent PC/laptop but any mid ranger below MAX-Q GTX 1060 will get outdated pretty quick but that's what comes for 600 for a PC which is why people prefer consoles, even if you can get games from fitgirl repacks for pc it's still not worth it.

Best I found so far was dell XPS 15 (2017) OR Dell Inspiron 7577

But if you're looking for this better off with a Galaxy Book 12 AMOLED HDR display which will play GTA V at 720p and doesnt cost an arm and a leg if you manage to find a deal

ltcjmramos

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Moved my Tab S2 to my wife, and got a Tab S3 when I upgraded my S8 to an S9+ phone. Been using it for three days. Used it this morning. No problems.

Turned it off for a few hours. When I booted it on, it asked for my security PIN. I provided it, and all I got for about 15 min was the open lock with the streamers circling it. Called tech support, and while on the phone with them it cycled back to asking for my PIN. Entered it, and it came on.

Long way to asking if there is a way to do a hard shutdown? On my phone, I believe, it's hold the volume switch and press the off/ on switch.