Tab s4 next month? Should I wait?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only problem with that is that, historically, Samsung hasn't released their Tab S line within a year of each other. For instance, Tab S2 was released in September 2015, and the S3 didn't hit the market until February 2017. So if they keep the Feb. release like they did for the 3, that would make sense... but the year mark is what doesn't. So I'm not sure we'll be seeing a tablet soon, especially with the S9 in the horizon.

But hey, February is also not too far, so if you can wait, just wait until the event comes and goes... worst case scenario, they announce an S4 that isn't worth the upgrade and you get the S3 for cheaper.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I just looked and Best Buy has dropped the price $50 on the 32gb and 128gb models and so have other retailers and it isn't on sale, that looks to be the regular price now. You might be onto something then. If the regular price has been dropped by most retailers there might be a new tablet coming out.

This also means it might go on sale for $450.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd only take a refurbished if it's at least a hundred bucks less than new and comes with a fair warranty, but that's just me. If the tablet works, the S3 it's a great device

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I’m anxious for the tab s4. I had a tab s2 and thought it wasn’t that good of a tablet for the price. The tab s3 is a little better but I want a cellular version and I’m on AT&T. I ended up going with the iPad Pro 10.5. I “almost” love it but iOS just over complicates things that android can do so much easier. Transferring files to an sd card or usb drive is one of them. I’m hoping the tab s4 copies the iPad Pro 10.5 size. I know its not even an inch, but it makes a good difference to me in reading sheet music. A keyboard with a built in trackpad like the one with the s2 would be great. Better camera and speakers. I’d seriously consider switching to this from my iPad Pro.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My dad just ordered a tablet off QVC or HSN, forgot the name of it but it's one of those lesser name brands. He paid about $300 but it came with the keyboard case, and lifetime 4g coverage which is really nice, but of course being an overall low end tablet it is a POS. Anyway, a few days after getting his apps on it and using the tablet it has been going REALLY slow and hangs up a lot under heavy use. I warned him he probably wouldn't like it when he got it.

Anyway, he called them and they're sending him a return box to ship the POS back to them and get his refund. He has a Galaxy tablet from summer 2013 that finally was going out on him and not holding a charge.

Well me wanting the Tab s3 for my business to use as my cash register to run square on, I asked him if he wanted my Tab s2, 8 inch version. He played around with it and likes how it's so much faster and has AMOLED compared to his previous tablets. He offered me $275 towards a tab s3 so I'm jumping all over that LOL. That's a great deal for a used tablet I've had for almost 2 years now. Granted it's in mint condition from being in a Poetic case and hardly being used the last 12 months.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I guess it's about time to get the clickbait windmill going. I wouldn't put much stock into it. I find it unlikely that Samsung is going to release a successor this soon.

PurpleDragon

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I also wanted to wait for Tab S4, but eventually bought S3 on Christmas with good discount. My feeling is that tablets are not selling well - statistics shows less and less new models are released every year. Even Google retired its flagship Pixel C. So I concluded that Samsung will not be in hurry to release new tablet. I suspect Tab S4 will not be released until beginning or even middle of next year.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I also wanted to wait for Tab S4, but eventually bought S3 on Christmas with good discount. My feeling is that tablets are not selling well - statistics shows less and less new models are released every year. Even Google retired its flagship Pixel C. So I concluded that Samsung will not be in hurry to release new tablet. I suspect Tab S4 will not be released until beginning or even middle of next year.

Yea. People still seem to be buying the Ipads though.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Most manufacturers also produce cell phones so I think that is their major focus and tablets get updates every other year. Plus cell phones are getting larger and consumers probably question if they really need a tablet anymore. Apple pretty much releases a new tablet every year but they are minor upgrades the to the previous model.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Costco has the Tab S3 on sale for $429

Thanks for this, I'll take a look. My issue is I'm in love with the 16:9 aspect ratio on my Tab S and a little bigger screen. Going 4:3 and a little smaller will take some internal convincing. Of course updates stopped long ago for the Tab S, but the screen is still beautiful and runs fine. Needs and wants, needs and wants:)

hondo164

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
For those that have an S3 is the $429 price at Costco worth it. I have an tab a 10.1 with S pen that was thinking of replacing. Main driver for me is the s pen. Also has anyone used this outside...Tab a because of the bright screen is pretty viewable. Thanks of any input.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That is a good price and their return policy is better too if it has issues. I don't have a costco membership anymore because the closest one is 35 miles from me.

aburns7487

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Look on swappa site....

Can get for cheaper....

I got the tab S3 back in June 2017 for 390 on the site, box was sealed, brand new. Just saying look...

I also got it for fast charging with usb-c... love it. Its mainly gr8 for medua and using s-pen. Wish they had the 12 in version, by removing bezels...the 4:3 factor is ok, just not a fan.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
For those that have an S3 is the $429 price at Costco worth it. I have an tab a 10.1 with S pen that was thinking of replacing. Main driver for me is the s pen. Also has anyone used this outside...Tab a because of the bright screen is pretty viewable. Thanks of any input.

I say it depends on your purpose for it.
I bought mine because viewing stocks and the analysis was much better on my girlfriend's father's ipadvthan on my phone. After that I decided to see if I could login to work, and I could. I started using my tablet when on call and away from home instead of lugging around my laptop.

Funny this is, after getting my Note 8, I didn't use my tablet much.

I have used my tablet outside and from what I recall it was fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana