Logitech K811 Bluetooth keyboard pair unable to pair with Tab S3

Mythis

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and a Logitech K811 Bluetooth keyboard. I have used this keyboard with my Tab 2 7.0 and it pairs with a Galaxy J1 2016 and a Tab A 8.0 2016, but it refuses to pair with the S3. I know it is actually a iOS keyboard, but it worked with my other devices and I was sure it would work with the S3.

When I try to pair the tablet asks me to enter a code, about 3 seconds later it gives me a message saying I must make sure the keyboard is ready to pair.

I have tried restarting the tablet, clearing Bluetooth cache, restarting the keyboard and clearing the keys other pairings.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Logitech should have their tech support number on the paperwork that came with the keyboard, if not Google it (it's different for different countries). Call them. The S3 and the keyboard may just not have any compatible profiles.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an Arteck bluetooth keyboard. With this one, it has a Connect button. I make sure the Bluetooth is on on the Tab S3.

It sounds like you haven't been able to connect that keyboard at all initially, if it is asking for the code. Did you go into the Tab's Bluetooth window to make sure the keyboard is appearing there? Sometimes, it may help to turn off and back on the bluetooth on the tablet.

Does that keyboard have a "Connect" button as well?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you remove the other devices from the keyboard memory? If I remember correctly that keyboard isn't just a turn on and connect, it remembers 3 device profiles and it has a dial or button to switch between those 3 devices.