New toy, My Galaxy Tab s3, quick question re lock screen

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Ive been a long time member of Android Central and now back again as I discover my new addition, of my Galaxy Tab s3

I am updating my beloved Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, as it seems time to do so. I really wish Samsung would have offered a new note, but alas this Tab s3 is the closest.

Why oh why on earth did they not include a slot for the pen? That just seems so dumb.

So far Im liking the new toy, other than getting used to the buttons and overall orientation geared to portrait, when I use it 99% of the time landscape.

I have looked around, and feeling lazy that I have not found my answer quickly, so figured some of the brilliant minds around here could take pity on me and help. ;)

Where do I go to remove the standard 2 shortcuts on the lock screen? I dont want/need them and cant seem to easily find where to turn them off.

The screen is brilliant as we have come to expect from Samsung, and the slightly smaller screen size does not seem much of an issue.

Im sure I will have more input and/or questions as I get my self more acclimated to this.

Thanks,

Diane

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You can change your home screen to be landscape - I have nova launcher on my S3 and have the home screen set to landscape mode which I definitely prefer. There are still a few apps that are set for portait only but that's ok.

As for the lock screen app displays - see my screen shot below. I believe you can go in here and choose what to be on there. Under lock screen and security, you should also be able to add other details to the lock screen. I haven't done much with mine at this point but plan to soon.
298760b3309b757f90b0c732e360328e.jpg

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ahh great thank you.. Got it!

Yeah I use Nova too. I can use it landscape but the recent / home / back buttons are on my right side instead of below the landscape screen. Just have to get used to it. Kinda more like my gs7e phone.

The no s pen slot is baffling , why they did that.

How long have you had this tablet, generally liking it?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ahh great thank you.. Got it!

Yeah I use Nova too. I can use it landscape but the recent / home / back buttons are on my right side instead of below the landscape screen. Just have to get used to it. Kinda more like my gs7e phone.

The no s pen slot is baffling , why they did that.

How long have you had this tablet, generally liking it?
I've had my tablet since February and like it a lot. I have it in a black leather case that has a holder for the S Pen as well as a prop up spot for it to be displayed in landscape at a nice angle.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've had my tablet since February and like it a lot. I have it in a black leather case that has a holder for the S Pen as well as a prop up spot for it to be displayed in landscape at a nice angle.
Also - I have the Galaxy S9 Plus phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol