I know "slowness" has been mentioned many times in the past, but after installing the last update on November 16th, my S3 has showed down substantially. Very poor video and S-Pen performance. I have done the usual steps of cache clearing but nothing has helped. I have not done a complete factory reset. Anyone else seeing this?
    11-25-2018 11:39 AM
    Yes you are not alone. It's ridiculously slow. I get error messages when logging on. I wish I would have waited until to this year for the new Google tablet.
    11-25-2018 12:12 PM
    I think the slow video performance could be attributed to the reduced allocation for video memory that someone else noticed.
    debsawyer and milleniumdroid like this.
    11-25-2018 01:40 PM
    Yes, I've started having some barely noticeable microlag in Rush Rally 2 (I have superb vision so I can actually notice). It is obviously video memory lag and NOT GPU LAG (there is a difference and experienced power users like me can tell) This is SOOOOOO ANNOYING. Will have to play GTA SA for longer when I have time so that I can see whether that might have been affected, but it looks like there is a way less noticeable difference (making a quick loop around one part of San Fiero outskirts near the airport). I hope somebody makes an Odin-flashable custom kernel that fixes this, but I still wouldn't flash anything till the 2 year warranty expires... WHAT THE HELL IS SAMSUNG THINKING????????

As for the S-Pen, the tablet now suddenly seems to favor the rigid gray-colored tips over the soft white ones (the white cause APP DRAWER LAG), although it might've been that my old white top was also worn out a bit. The gray tips are still vastly easier to drag on the screen and the screen responds way better to them.
    12-01-2018 02:25 PM