I heard some talk of it getting it in August. It is the 3rd already, and yet no update. Heck the used A6+ (lower mid-range from last year) phone I got as a short term holdover device had Pie on it when I bought it and recently got a new security patch, while the Tab S3 (flagship tablet from 2017) is still on the APRIL security patch and still has Oreo. This is annoying, especially since OneUI is WORLDS BETTER than Samsung Experience!
    08-03-2019 01:41 PM
    "In August" - if they keep to their schedule, which Samsung isn't particularly known for - could be as ate as the evening of August 31st. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. The tab was scheduled to get one update - to Oreo. The talk may be just that - talk.
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    08-03-2019 02:15 PM
    Scheduled for one OS update, eh? Very negligent. Oreo is still pretty good, but still... I don't understand why lower mid-range devices get better treatment than a flagship that came out a year before.
    08-03-2019 02:57 PM
    I thought it was September. But yah if they follow through I'm betting end of August. Still works great. Will be nice to be at same level as my Note 9 though.
    08-04-2019 11:17 PM
    It'll get Pie around the same time my Pixel 2 XL gets Q. Samsung spends too much time trying to build devices and the initial software release for those devices for EVERY budget (you can only spend $137? we have a device that's exactly that price!) rather than supporting the devices that are already on the market. Then, when it comes time to actually update the high-end devices it takes A YEAR to get all those updates out.

I REALLY wish there was an alternative for a tablet with great build quality but unencumbered by Samsung's update restrictions. Sadly, Samsung really seems to be the only manufacturer putting in decent hardware R&D money and really trying to keep Android tablets viable.
    08-06-2019 05:33 PM
    Well, the PIE update is starting to slooooooowly roll out to a few areas around the world....not here in the US though.

However, for a tablet that is over two years old...I'll take it when it gets here. System wide dark theme and a better UI.
    08-21-2019 12:22 PM