Edit: Typo at end of title.

So a few days ago I talked about how I installed Pie for the first time on my Tab. Well, after messing with custom ROMs, which wasn't the best experience to say the least, I downloaded the brand new August 27th build that just recently became available. Lo and behold, all my performance issues that the first build had seem to have vanished into thin air! So I guess Samsung is taking our complaints seriously now. If any of you have either OTA-ed to Pie or took the nerd route and flashed via Odin (like I did), please share your experiences. I'm VERY happy now. I guess Samsung was tired of me bashing their tab devision the internet division for attempts at planned obsolescence. The only thing is that the thermals are pretty bad under heavy load (expect up to 94°C) but at least is actually runs smoothly and doesn't glitch like on custom ROMs. Still, the OneUI launcher does slightly slow down the Tab so I suggest something lightweight like Holo launcher.
    08-30-2019 04:13 PM
    Couldn't have kept it all in one thread? Now anyone seeing your threads individually will think the old ones had no resolution and Pie on this device is horrible.
    09-01-2019 07:03 PM
    First, glad to hear that the latest update fixed the problems! Second, I agree with hallux -- it'd be a good idea to mention this in your other thread, so that those who are following it know the good news: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6626222
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    09-01-2019 08:21 PM
    Couldn't have kept it all in one thread? Now anyone seeing your threads individually will think the old ones had no resolution and Pie on this device is horrible.
    I updated the other thread now
    09-02-2019 08:29 PM
    First, glad to hear that the latest update fixed the problems! Second, I agree with hallux -- it'd be a good idea to mention this in your other thread, so that those who are following it know the good news: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6626222
    Yeah, just did that. I am loving the improved Pie build. Now my Tab will be usable for much longer.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-02-2019 08:30 PM
    I also used Odin to install the UK version on my US based SM-T820. Chose to do a clean install and I turned off most of the useless stuff (useless to me) and I delete/disable the useless apps. I am running it with medium power save option and I also am doing the battery-save feature where it only charges up to 85% while showing on the status bar that it is at 100% when fully charged. Everything is running great!
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    09-05-2019 10:16 AM
    I also used Odin to install the UK version on my US based SM-T820. Chose to do a clean install and I turned off most of the useless stuff (useless to me) and I delete/disable the useless apps. I am running it with medium power save option and I also am doing the battery-save feature where it only charges up to 85% while showing on the status bar that it is at 100% when fully charged. Everything is running great!
    Nice to hear that! Would you say it is working noticably better than Oreo (like it did for me)?
    09-07-2019 06:15 PM
    Installed the update yesterday before I left work. The update completed but I didn't spend much time playing with it. when I got home and started trying to use the tablet it wasn't behaving right but ever since it's been like a new device.

I should add that it was just as I guessed - I got Android 10 on my Pixel 2 XL last week, and exactly a week later I got Pie on the tablet...
    09-11-2019 06:56 AM