Slow charging error

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a warning about my S3 slow charging several times since I installed the Pie update. Two different chargers, two different cables.

It often goes away if you unplug and reconnect the tablet.

This started right after updating to Pie, never saw it before over the course of a year with the tablet.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been using a couple different Anker chargers that do not have fast charging. I have used these chargers for the last 15 months with the Tab S3 with Android Oreo with no problem.

I finally switched to an Anker charger with fast charging capability and the problem has stopped. I bought a second fast charger.

The problem started on both chargers at the same time, so I'm pretty sure that Android Pie is more sensitive to the charger. I could always get it to work eventually by unplugging and replugging eventually...

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I have been using a couple different Anker chargers that do not have fast charging. I have used these chargers for the last 15 months with the Tab S3 with Android Oreo with no problem.

I finally switched to an Anker charger with fast charging capability and the problem has stopped. I bought a second fast charger.

The problem started on both chargers at the same time, so I'm pretty sure that Android Pie is more sensitive to the charger. I could always get it to work eventually by unplugging and replugging eventually...
Would you mind linking to said Anker fast charger on Amazon?

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice! How does charging speed compare to the original Samsung charger?
No idea. I'm not sure I ever used the original charger with this tablet. I'd say it can charge from 60% to full in 90 minutes or less (I've never tried to measure that, so it's just a "feel" number. Might be faster).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae