Has anyone else seen strange lockscreen display with Android pie?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When in landscape the top half of the screen is black and the image is squished into the lower half. The clock remains on the top half but is mainly black so can only see the hands.

A

Android Central Question

When in landscape the top half of the screen is black and the image is squished into the lower half. The clock remains on the top half but is mainly black so can only see the hands. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It might help others if you mention which device. Different manufacturers do different things with their Android builds, this could be an issue with the build for your model of device. It could also be a 3rd-party lockscreen app that made its way onto your device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

HarmonicGoldfish

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I apologize, I thought I was posting the original question in the Galaxy Tab S3 forum. I am attaching a screenshot.
I used the native photo gallery to set the picture as the lockscreen image.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190919-092500_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190919-092500_One UI Home.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 13

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome ! Not a problem

I can ask a mod to move it to that forum for you
Hi, I apologize, I thought I was posting the original question in the Galaxy Tab S3 forum. I am attaching a screenshot.
I used the native photo gallery to set the picture as the lockscreen image.

HarmonicGoldfish

Sep 19, 2019
Visit site
Is this a lock screen picture?

Yes, I pulled a screenshot from the lockscreen. It only happens in landscape, portrait is fine. Even when moving back and forth from portrait to landscape, it never goes to normal.

Also, when I swipe to unlock, the image at the bottom overlays the home screen or app or whatever it is I am unlocking to for a second or two.

If it is possible to move this thread to its proper place, that would be great. Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I pulled a screenshot from the lockscreen. It only happens in landscape, portrait is fine. Even when moving back and forth from portrait to landscape, it never goes to normal.

Also, when I swipe to unlock, the image at the bottom overlays the home screen or app or whatever it is I am unlocking to for a second or two.

If it is possible to move this thread to its proper place, that would be great. Thanks!
Have you tried to reapply the picture to the lock screen again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs